MLE To Acquire BowlAustralia

Graham

Staff member
After only weeks ago announcing the purchase of Australia's largest bowling chain AMF Bowling, MLE Chairman Mr Neil Balnaves has today announced an agreement to acquire BowlAustralia Holdings Pty Ltd for 10 million dollars.

BowlAustralia has 3 centres currently (Canberra International Bowl in Tuggeranong ACT, Castle Hill NSW & Ryde NSW), and has recently secured a long term lease for 24 lane centre in the remodelled Westfield Shopping Centre in Blacktown, NSW, and is in advanced negotiations for an "entertainment style" centre in the Penrith Panthers Leagues Club.

It was also announced that MLE intended to appoint current BowlAustralia CEO Roy Menachemson to head the combined bowling group once both deals were finalised.

It is anticipated that both deals (AMF and BowlAustralia) will be completed by the end of December.

More information can be gathered from the ASX WEBSITE.

Finally .....An investment firm with an idea of what it takes to run tenpin bowling centres. Great move by Macquarie Leisure Trust and a well deserved congratulations to Mr. Roy Menachemson.

This might just be the deal that puts Australian bowling back onto the right track. I for one can't wait to see what happens next!

Don't any of you want to come fix bowling in South Africa? What if I said 'PLEASE'??? Come on huh...

On a serious note, do you think it's possible to contact him and if so, how???

I think Roy has enough on his plate in Australia with the upcoming finalisation of both deals, and then the work involved once it is completed. I don't seriously know how he could help.

Hi Sham,

I'm not sure that I can help as it's been 20 years since I left SA although I still maintain contact with a number of Proprietors in SA. I would like to help (if I can) My personal email address is [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom