I believe my account has been hacked....

Leasy

Hi there,

I have just received an email from this site accusing me of spamming via PM it seems. Let me tell you, that this is the first time I have been on this forum for quite a long time - over 2 years it seems. I am quite baffled at how this happened - I do not have any viruses, trojans or malware on my computer, I have a mac and I have checked with the Anti-Virus software I do have. I have changed my account password as a precaution and hope this does not happen again.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone who has received this spam, and I hope this does not happen again - if it does, I would like to be notified so that I can delete my account if need be.

Thanks for your understanding.
Leasy

Maybe have a read here
And here
And there is a few more

Simular thing I would think but I may be wrong

I got the same email you got But I didnt read it just deletted it

Maybe have a read here
And here
And there is a few more

Simular thing I would think but I may be wrong

I got the same email you got But I didnt read it just deletted it

Thanks Nev,

After doing some researching, I have discovered it's a different email scam.

This is the message I received...

Dear Leasy,

You have received a new private message at TotalBowling from StephenFox, entitled "You have a warning from the StopSpam Organization".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://totalbowling.com.au/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Today the Administrator of www.totalbowling.net notified us of spam sent by this forum members (Spammers: shadow13;matt58au;joolz61;redback;Leasy).
We strongly recommend you to download special antivirus software and scan your computer for viruses, Trojans and other malwares.

<There was a link here - but I deleted it obviously since it's a trojan>

If case of ignoring StopSpam Organization requirements, we reserve the right to forward a complaint to your ISP and require blocking your Internet-access.

Sincerely,
World Spam Protection Organization StopSpam

It originally made me concerned as I thought for a minute my account was hacked and it was sending out spam so thought I'd put the message here first to let you know it wasn't me, then googled the link (I couldn't open this anyway as I have a mac and .exe files don't work on it).

I received the same a private massage the same as Leasy, knowing that I had not posted in recent times I ignored it . But look at the address it says totalbowling.net , we are .com.au

don't post often

murray

I received the same a private massage the same as Leasy, knowing that I had not posted in recent times I ignored it . But look at the address it says totalbowling.net , we are .com.au

don't post often

murray

Hmm, didn't notice that - was reading the emails on the iphone! I figured since I had never posted I would have been accused of spamming, which worried me as I thought someone had either hacked into my account or something more sinister was going on.

Ive just got this pm.

MichealUllman

Take measures immediately!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, DBolles;Pete8182;jerrysk8;holster_rooney;MrWorf!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration totalbowling.com.au

I just got the same thing, and I deleted it also. Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of sick individual is doing this crap, and if it's all about identity theft then what would they do if some one stole theirs?

I got a different one yesterday, I'll post a copy of it below. If james Williams is reading this you better speak up fast or it's going in the trash with the last one.

You have received a new private message at TotalBowling from JamesWilliams, entitled "Take measures immediately!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, SQ Holt;WAC4504;kcrow05;marnie;mcs85!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: Holt;WAC4504;kcrow05;marnie;mcs85
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration totalbowling.com.au

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
TotalBowling

Back
Top Bottom