I am on fire?

Hey all
I was trying to get my rev up for World Cup at Caboolture on 2nd Jan cause most of those people have average over 200. Im nowhere near that plus i have an opportunity to get revved up. But i got sucked!

so your still blaming the ball?

i think you need to visit a coach if you wanna get "revved" up(i think thats what your trying to say), coming from first hand experience having revs isnt always the best thing and doesnt always get your average higher, just look at some of the worlds greatest bowlers? and i think you will be in abit of a shock at caboolture on the 2nd, dont say i didnt warn you..

Matt mate you need to have a reality check....

For starters if you avg 144 in that handicap tourny you won last weekend you are not going to avg 200+ by getting "the plague" and "revving up"all in the space of 4 weeks.

Some friendly advice, go to the tournament, enjoy the day and the experience, pick up your spares and have fun. Bowling is not life or death.

I suppose this sorta proves you can't just give a ball to someone & expect them to average 180+ like the general assumption is nowadays. Lol.

I dont get it Troy. Plague got alot of power to commit easy strikes and that. However i couldnt not find the target on the lane like i did with the Jazz?

The ball does not bowl itself down the lane. A better ball opens up the angle to the pocket but does not put itself on the right line towards the pins.

Just enjoy yourself and enjoy your bowling! Choose the ball based on lane condition, not the stats of the ball. If "dry", go back to the Jazz!

There are a lot of FANATICS on either side of the fence regarding what the current technology can and/or can't do (read one of the 90% of threads on here for that **** fight, or 9 of the next 10 threads to come).

Try not to get sucked into it as some of the best (look at some of the greats on the PBA) don't "rev" the ball. What they can do though is choose the right ball at the right time and throw the ball consistently within two tenths of a board.

In the long run, just remember that, we can always look forward to watching the Dragons smash them again next year!!! ;) :p

Fitzy, everyone, except the Dragon supporters, knows the Tigers were the better side in the Finals, they should of had a Penalty in the Final minutes but the Refs would not blow the whistle.

willey

Fitzy, everyone, except the Dragon supporters, knows the Tigers were the better side in the Finals, they should of had a Penalty in the Final minutes but the Refs would not blow the whistle.

willey

Willey,

There never should have been a scrum as Warea Hargreaves was hit high and it should of been a penalty, Roosters win in regular time.

I do however wish that the Tigers had beaten the Dragons the week after for a Tigers v Roosters grand final, as it would have been very interesting - could of ended up 66-64 :D :D

***And how in the hell does Nathan "Grub of the Decade" Fien win the half back position for the international team of the year??? He doesn't even play there for his club side. Obviously FIFA judges were on that panel too!!!

Bring on 2011, Roosters for premiers.

I dont get it Troy. Plague got alot of power to commit easy strikes and that. However i couldnt not find the target on the lane like i did with the Jazz?

I would probably say because different balls probably different entry angles. So just keep bowling and try to understand the ball. Once you have got used to the angle and the length of how far the ball will go down the lane, you can then know how to adjust to throw the ball to the target and breakpoint required for your strike.

Yea i noted that carlin.
What i did last night i used the palm movement to make the ball at deep angle. It did have awesome perfect strike angles after the throw like that, averaged 148 for three games now! Which is better than average of 131 back in Kirwan during the year! My average slowly going up while my concept of tenpin bowling improved :) I might be fast learner!

dont jump to high on the 'good' side of things. Dont want you having an epic fall again like last time... Expect your score to fluctuate a fair bit before you think your getting betteer

Things usually look "better" when we have or add something new.. so I would agree with Ryan_E and say dont jump too fast/high on the good side of things yet.. take your time and learn..

Balls are tools we use. They aren't our ability. You need to learn how to use the tools before you can use them effectively.

You probably found an easier target with the jazz because a more controllable ball, suited for people "learning" how to control a ball. Mind, I've seen some people play it like a top grade reactive as well.

What happened to the days where people were made to average 160+ with a plastic & conventional grip before going reactive with finger tip? O: Need to learn to crawl before we can walk, or you get lead into a false sense of security.

Back
Top Bottom