Hello from Thailand

milkman

They have some pcs at the back of the bowl, so i decided to get online and type up a quick forum entry for the guys and the girls here ...

8.5 hours after hopping on a plane from sydney, we landed in thailand. We were allowed to go straight through customs, seeing we are all bowling gods here and all. Once we stepped out of the airport, my glasses fogged up instantly, bloody humidity.

Belmo is the king of tetris, and walshy crapped all over everyone in gold digger. Bit surprising the old walshy.

The bus they took us to pattaya looked like the vengabus, and kevin brawn seemed to be ok with the couch that they have downstairs ... we have officially named it "Kevin's love seat".

The hotel is pretty cool. There is a water park right next to the motel, and a free swimming pool. Nat Shelley won the title of swimming under water the entire length of the pool. and walshy tried his hardest and just made it before needing 5 minutes to recover.

We have managed to have a practise at the bowl already, but they havent laid the condition for us yet. The ball returns extend pretty far down the approach, so we are all having problems adjusting to it.

The nightlife in Pattata leaves a little to be desired. Apparently Pattaya is the prostitute capital of Thailand. We have had dinner over at Hard Rock Cafe, which was cool.

Well, its time for us to leave for now. We have a laptop, but we dont have any software to dial in with yet, hopefully we can get it and use it from the motel. If not ... too bad, we will jsut have to enjoy ourselves with the 30+ degrees we have here everyday (Belmo quoted that it snowed in Orange, can anyone confirm this?)

Bye for now
2002 Youth FIQ Team

Milkie.....You should feel right at home there, with that big helicopter shot you throw!! :lol:

But seriously (yes, I can be occasionally) good luck to the Aussie team. We know you will do us proud.

GO AUSTRALIA

Foodfest in Thailand.......NOT !

I can't believe you flew all the way to Thailand and the only idea you could come up with for dinner was the Hard Rock Cafe!...

Perhaps you'll find a nice little restaurant that serves Thai food.
"but i doubt it"

PS..Tell Coach Brawn :shock: I said hi

Re: Foodfest in Thailand.......NOT !

wchester said:
Perhaps you'll find a nice little restaurant that serves Thai food.

Come on Wayne.....can you just imagine that???

Milkman with shit coming out of both ends!!!! :lol:

:p
good luck to all the team whilst in Thailand.
Michelle, go get em girl, and wish your folks a happy 25th anniversary for us. If they, or you, get a chance, please indulge in a ridgy didge true Thai curry laksa for me! :oops:
Broni & Jagga

I think I speak for a wide section of the bowling community when all I can add to the topic is - I hope Cameron remembered to pack his bowling pants. We don't want a re-run of the NSW Open fashion disaster. :oops: :? :shock:

Other than that, good luck, good bowling and give 'em hell!!

Well, second entry into the diary.

Didnt do much yesterday. Woke up, had breakfast (all you can east breakfast, belmo loves the french toast), and went for a swim. Ive learnt that if you have milky white skin, and dont use sunscreen, you get burnt.

Had a practise yet again. Still no condition laid, just the house condition with a silver bullet. Went to the hard rock cafe for dinner yet again. Belmo found some russian dude, and a russian princess called Jane, and took the guy on in table tennis, and wiped him off the table. I have a picture of them on my digital camera, so when I get home, I will make a website with all the pictures.

Went back to the motel, I crashed early because of my sunburn, the boys were exploring the territory. Most of the teams seem pretty friendly. Walshy and Belmo decided a Thai body massage was in order, belmo managed to get some 60 year old granny.

Wake up the today, had breakfast, and belmo and walshy decided it was time to take on the flying fox. The motel we are in, has like 25 floors of rooms, then a tower at the top, which is 156 stories up, that you can take some cart down, or do the flying fox. Belmo and Walshy reckon that many deaths have taken place at this tower, I just reckon they are talking it up as usual. They said it was mad, but not all of us are game to do it.

Well, time to have a chuck, will report in tomorrow with what is happening in this lovely place.

Now, some messages from the bowlers:

Barry Walsh: Hi Jenny, im too tight to ring, so im saying hello here
Peter Coburn: Hi Ingrid and James

Noone else wanted to say anything ...

However, here is some beautiful information ...

There is a bet, that if the boys win a gold medal, the following will be done:

Kevin Brawn will risk his life, and his bung leg, and take a ride on the flying fox. Many pictures will be taken
Peter Coburn will shave his moustache, and his head
Barry Walsh will be losing his goatee

And if the boys dont win a gold .... thats yet to be decided hehe

Hey Cam good luck buddy. I reckon if you guys dont win a gold medal you should all have to bowl the rest of the super sixes in shorts and long white socks ( as made famous at NSW open ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

philby said:
I reckon if you guys dont win a gold medal you should all have to bowl the rest of the super sixes in shorts and long white socks ( as made famous at NSW open )

For those that missed it ...

Cams Michael Jackson Impersonation :D

campants.jpg

Well I have been busy so i haven't had time to get on and wish the Youth Team Good Luck!! Sorry Guys! You all know i'm wishing you do the best that you can and make sure that the gold medals come home Australias way where they belong! :D

Just make sure you all do the best that you can all of us at home are proud of you already that you have made it in the team. You have all put in hard work now just let it pay off!! I have faith in all of you's over there! I'll be sitting on the computer watching the updates making sure you are all bowling well! Wish i was over there watching you win the gold!! :lol:

Good Luck guys and girls
Luv Lil Leisa xxx

P.S. Cam - Don't forget to try their KFC Hot and Spicy (and bring some home for me thanx babe) hehehe I wish you could! :lol:

Hey on behalf of myself good luck to u champs have fun and kick some non- australian ass
go get em guys

Hey everyone , most of u dont know me but i know Nat Shelley. I hope that all of u do well and bring those gold medals home and wish u all the best of luck :D

Hey I know you tash! Here we are having an AIS reunion. Good luck everyone specially Nat Shelley from me and Lisa Cook .. :lol:

The last two days have been interesting. Weather hasnt been so hot, and the wind has picked up.

Breakfast, and then practise has been the order of the day mainly. They finally laid the pattern down for us, and we all seem to be pretty confident with whats going on. Good thing is, they changed it so we dont finish at midnight for the boys singles, so we get a day off, either tomorrow or the day after (depending when management make us bowl)

Lorraine asked us if we wanted to see a show, but wouldnt tell us what it was. It cost us 400 baht, and we tried our best to work out what it was, but we couldnt. Belmo thought it was puppetry of the penis.

Funny thing is, we arent really that phased by all the blokes in womens clothes over here, there are plenty of those in Tasmania ...

Anyway, its time to head off for another night lazing around in 30 degrees temperatures, overlooking a beautiful water park, and eating some of the finest food.

Will check in after singles

WELL I JUST WANT TO SAY GOODLUCK AND HIGH SCORING TO EVERYONE IN THAILAND! YOU SEEM LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST, AND THANK YOU TO CAMERON FOR KEEPING US UPDATED!
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ONTO THE WEB PAGE TO KEEP MYSELF UP TO DATE WITH HOW EVERYONE IS BOWLING, BUT IT WONT LET ME IN, SO CAM YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP US ALL (WELL ME ANYWAY :? ) UPDATED
ONCE AGAIN GOODLUCK, WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU ALL. GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!!

Milko....you wanted confirmation of snow in Orange, only light stuff apparently. This from Central Western Daily just so Belmo doesn't get too homesick...
"Orange and surrounding areas received varying degrees of rainfall, with some light snowfall reported, 10mm being the average in the period from 9am Saturday to 9am Sunday."......so who won the bet ?..It snowed there on Christmas Day in about '95 .
Good luck to everyone !!!

Hello again ...

Its finally come. No more practises, the tournament is here. All the preparation we have endured over the last few days will hopefully bring us a swag of medals.

Dinner last night was at sizzlers, and we managed to bump into the canadians and the english. Belmo was enthralled with the fact we had free coke refills. He also dared me into eating 4 plates of chocolate mousse, but I couldnt only fit one.

The parents of the bowlers that came to thailand have come to our motel, after staying at bangkok for 3 nights.

Our first two girls have bowled, the scores should be on the website. As I type this, Bianca Flanagan and Michelle Halprin are bowling, Bee opened up with a huge 229!!!

Well, will check in a little later when the boys are bowling

Well the girls have bowled their singles..... a few unexpected results but i'm sure they will only get better from here on in!!!

Boys i will be sittin here waiting for your results and making sure that everying is on the rise!

We are all sitting here at home hoping you will kill it, singles are gone for the girls just kill it in doubles, teams and masters i know you can and well boys the results aren't up yet so i guess you are still bowling the first lot and well in the morning the second.

Make sure you do the best that you can. I'm sure thats what the girls did today so we are all still extremly happy. Just make sure you all keep you chins up and make sure there is a smile on those faces of yours.

Wishing everyone good luck again and lets start bringing the medals home where they belong to AUS!!!!

Lil Leisa and family xxx

Lean in front

Go Jarod you gun!! Looks like he has finally adjusted to those new bowling balls and is sitting in first place after the 1st squad have bowled. Belmo sitting a creditable 28th. Milkman and Walsh to bowl this morning.

GO AUSSIES :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom