First ball you bought / used

First ball I used was a 10lb house ball I used to hide in a Locker at Hurstville Bowl so i could use it in juniors and practice, Oppps sorry AMF
Then I got a Black Manhatten Rubber
Then a Green Manhatten Rubber, Hard as a rock !!!!
Then a Roto Star SR
Then a LT48 , Soft as Soap !!!
Then a Wine U Dot

My first was a blue columbia,then a dark red yellow dot,roto grip and roto star and now hammer,tropical storm.

First ball was an old blue strikeline, conventional, first decent ball a Wine U Dot, which I later converted as my first finger tip ball, then a Black U2, Earl Anthony Magnum 5, then a urethane Beast which I used for my first 300.

1st used 12 pound rocket houseball at Footscray Bowl Vic 1985 had my high score of 253 which i got with a 129 ave lol. 1st bought blue white dot.

AMF 3dot Classic followed by a Blue pearl AMF Strikeline. Still have both.
Animal.

My first ball was a Manhattan rubber. Drilled by Keith Sly at the old Essendon bowl. Bowled my first 200 in league that night.

My first ball i ever used was an Orange 'Boogie" ball from AMF, followed by a Blue Angle. The first ball i ever bought was a Track 'Triton Heat Elite' - what a great ball, wish i could get my hands on another one!!

The first ball i ever bought was a Track 'Triton Heat Elite' - what a great ball, wish i could get my hands on another one!!

That's too funny! I drill for you and have one under my bench in the pro shop. Unfortunately it's got about 50 holes in it now! A bummer for you, Adam!

My first ever ball was a bronze polyester variation on an AMF Classic Pro Roll. Shot my first 200 with it. (217) Years later, I put it under Stuart Erwin's Durometer and it clocked in at 64D. Alas, way below legal, so I could never use it in sanctioned play again! A bummer for me!

First ball was a plastic, not sure what make.

I remember the first reactive I got...did that make a difference to my game.

That's too funny! I drill for you and have one under my bench in the pro shop. Unfortunately it's got about 50 holes in it now! A bummer for you, Adam!

My first ever ball was a bronze polyester variation on an AMF Classic Pro Roll. Shot my first 200 with it. (217) Years later, I put it under Stuart Erwin's Durometer and it clocked in at 64D. Alas, way below legal, so I could never use it in sanctioned play again! A bummer for me!

9 yrs after you wanted it Adam i still have mine, similar probs to Doustys though:D

My first ball was a second hand blue Columbia White Dot, 12 lb, which i picked up for only $10. By first new ball though was an Ebonite Magnum 12 15lb (Polyurethane). (Then Ebonite Magnum 10, Tornado, V2 Sweet and Playmaker (all 15lb))

I was given a Brunswick Purple Rhino (16lb) for my first ball, the first ball I bought was an Ebonite Black Panther (16lb)...

Can't use 16lb anymore, switched to 15lb a few years ago, used to love the way the 16lb balls used to hit the pins!

I was given a AMF Strikeline the browny type coloured one, which was drilled for a right hander. Had it drilled for me and bowled 648 (259, 137, 252) not long after. It was only my second 600 series (2 & 1/2 years bowling vintage) and less than a handful of two hundreds. Was pretty stoked at the time.

First one I bought was a Black U-Dot, then a Grey angle (what was I thinking), though would be good spare ball now if I still had it, but its polluting some tip somewhere and probably will be for another 400 odd years. Then Hammer come on the scene and I bought a Red Hammer. Used Hammer ever since. I bought another one just before Footscray closed and only recently had it drilled and have only bowled about half a dozen games with it. Love that ball. First reactive was a Red Reactive Hammer. You can't go wrong with Hammer's.

My first ball was an 8lb "Beast" by Columbia... was awesome!! still have it lol

Back
Top Bottom