First 2 hander to bowl a 900 series

Unfortunately you are failing to grasp why a ditch is bad, we already have reactive balls giving people false impressions of their own skill levels, centers trying to keep their bowlers happy, but in turn probably not realizing the danger and future cost they pose to themselves by increasing wear and tear on their lane surfaces.

Yes the AO was stupid high scoring but the WTBA pattern used was an easier pattern from that library that matched up well with the centre, again because this centre is used to laying the 'ditch', any pattern laid that allows the know worn edges to,come into play will score higher. Much like last years pattern at the Australian Cup worked in reverse, worn lanes with a high quantity of oil laid outside means disaster.

And with old mate bowling a 900, obviously he was lined up, but it all comes down luck, the right ball and a bloody easy as pie houe shot, the rest of the scores on those lanes weren't too shabby either.

Sure some house shots are easy and some bowlers are happy to walk into a centre to know what they are expecting before they bowl, fair enough, they don't take it as seriously as some, but those that ever want to really improve, will not improve by bowling on a ditch. Don't get me wrong, I bowl on a ditched house shot myself and once I figure out the transition that still gets me every week, I will probably be able to score, pretty high for all four games and not just 3. But I certainly don't take it very seriously and I know the scores are very inflated, a lot of people don't. That is the problem.

If you are going to do that then how many of those 6,186,750,000 games are 300's...

Dont give a bugger how many individual or back - back 300's been bowled over that period...been talking about 900 series. Look at the thread title:-

First 2 hander to bowl a 900 series

I think you should check this again... 21 x 900 series to me is 63 x 300 games...

Amazing that it wasnt until the introduction of reactive balls that the USBC started regognizing 900 series.

1997 the 1st recognized 900 series. 21 in 15 years.
Found site that said 113,000 lanes in the US in 2005.
Average 10 games a day in league over 15 years.

6,186,750,000 games.

63 games of which have been involved in sanctioned 900 series. 0.000001018%

No wonder the game is a joke.

Read the post....pretty sure 63 games is what I said

YES, WAS MY COMMENT EARLIER. WOULDNT SANCTION A 900 SERIES UNTIL AFTER REACTIVES CAME IN. THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE OF AN ACHIEVMENT PRE-REACTIVE ERA.

MUST HAVE NEEDED TO PUT DOWN A BIGGER DITCH PRE-REACTIVE DAYS THAT AFTER REACTIVES CAME OUT.

Was it actually possible, or at least practical, to be able to put down a ditch, with the ' Oiling Machines ' then in use ?

I seem to think that they did what they did what they did. Did'nt they ?

Unfortunately you are failing to grasp why a ditch is bad, we already have reactive balls giving people false impressions of their own skill levels, centers trying to keep their bowlers happy, but in turn probably not realizing the danger and future cost they pose to themselves by increasing wear and tear on their lane surfaces..

I was trying to point out the hypocrisy with some bowlers thats all... I don't agree with ditched lanes or conditions. As good as it is for over inflating your ego with a super pumped up average I found that it affected execution... (who needs to execute good shots when you have free hook on the outside and hold in the middle with a 5 board window at the arrows) Thats why I ended up swapping centres...

But I certainly don't take it very seriously and I know the scores are very inflated, a lot of people don't. That is the problem.

Thats the thing, they dont see it as a problem because they bowl for 1 reason, fun. Alot of them also dont benefit from bowling on a house pattern as they get to the bowl, pick up their shoes grab their favourite 12lb house ball look for their lane and bowl straight down the middile or dart it from the corner (pattern less relevant if they are bowling straight with a house ball).

Without these league bowlers there simply isnt enough people to run leagues.

Maybe the real problem is that centres dont openly promote to these once a week 'social' bowlers the options they have to improve their game and bowl like some of the others who they compete with everyweek. By that i mean, are we doing enough to offer coaching, or even simply assisting these bowlers to get an understanding of the game that goes deeper than which pin is which number (think of your league, what % would know all the pin positions? sad but true in some cases)

As for patterns.... thats another story.

Back
Top Bottom