Fairfield bowling alley reopens

PoITeR

Bowl-A-Holic
Fairfield reopens this weekend, Amf sold it and closed it last year, private owners now run it. Would love it if ppl in nsw can investigate and give update for bowlers

Here's a tip Peter, how about you go and check it out and see what you think and then others can do the same so we get a broad range of ideas and opinions on if the centre has improved or otherwise.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Checked it out

Pinsetters like mcarthur
Lanes look like Villawood
facing im not keen on
same couches as enfield (plus a big ass brown coffee table in between)

Brunswick scoring system (with nice samsung monitors) but the console i have never seen before. Looks like its come from Asia.

Until i roll a ball down (which im not keen to do, as it reminds me of enfield) can't give an honest overall opinion of the centre

This is news to me,was fairfield always planning on re-opening? I presumed that villawood was taking over when Fairfeild shut down??

I am just taking a wild swing here, as I don't actually know, but I would say that "AMF" re located to Villawood, and the reason that the one in Fairfield is open is because of the private owners, I heard that it wasn't even in the same complex as the old one? can anyone confirm/deny this please?

Yes, that's definately the address of the Fairfield Bowl I started working in in 1969, and $5 games! about time someone woke up to the fact the prices have been too high for many years.

willey

I was down in Sydney the last couple of days and I checked out the New Fairfield Bowl in the old site, I must say I was impressed. As for $5 games you can actually get $4 games at certain times.

The Centre has Brunswick GS series machines with Synthetic Lanes and Approaches and Frameworx Scoring.

Then I went over to the New Fairfield Bowl at Villawood on Woodville Rd, I bowled 6 games, I'm paying for it now, sore legs, this is what happens when I Bowl on Synthetic Approaches, I just hate them, the reason I don't Bowl any more in Newcastle. In fact I don't think we should have any Synthetic Approaches in Australia, as the Humidity is too High, in the States they run their Air-conditioning 24/7 to remove the Humidity as they know this is what makes it sticky, but Australia we have Air-conditioning that hardly works and I've never worked in a Centre where it had Air down the Back-end.

willey

I went in there the other week.

they dont want league or id as they only want social bowlers at present, the make out of the centre was nice 20-24 is more open, screens look great, food area is nice, the menu board is automatic so it rotates the menu lol

From my understanding from talking to the Staff, they are going to put in Computer Score scoring and take out the Frameworx, this will cost a substantial sum of money, this does mean they are in for the Long Haul.

willey

Back
Top Bottom