NSW TOURNAMENTS

B

Bulow

Hey guys, just want to express my opinion about the lack of support for NSW tournaments. At the begining of the year we were told that all NSW AMF tournaments were cancelled and may return for 2006. So because of this people including myself kicked up a stink and said that we want our tournaments. now that we have got a few tournaments running in sydney again it seems like no one wants to bowl in it. The first was in Fairfield and around 36 bowlers turned up, now we have the bankstown tournament and with less than 2 weeks to go there is only 24 people. where have all the bowlers gone????????

Just an idea is maybe some one should consider geting some tournys a bit further north of sydney. This year i have not bowled 1 nsw tournement besides a few local tournys,Instead ive had to travel to queensland wich is closer and less travel,It would be nice to get back and bowl in nsw and see a few of my old friends.

I pledged my support for the series and i'm honoring that promise... I put my name down..

As far as the entries.... lack of time, money, xmas coming up... people saving for Brunswick Cup instead...

the list goes on and on............

BUT this is not unusual - look at the turn out for Orange last weekend - 65 juniors & only 15 youth - there seems to be a lack of interest among youth bowlers in NSW -yet plenty of people turned up for Sharpe in Queensland & many of them from NSW - maybe it is because there are no ranking points involved???

Potter said:
maybe it is because there are no ranking points involved???

That's definitely a factor! tournaments like sharp, melb youth and many more get good turn outs because the interstate bowlers are getting something out of it. Obviously this also includes a good prize fund. So really it isn't all that surprising to see the same tournaments getting support year after year. They must be doing something right! Although it's great to get local support and I know many NSW bowlers want more tournaments in their own state, but for them to be successful, the support has to go beyond the state boarder.

Keep an eye out for how the ranked events in NSW go next year.

hi
if you check the records you were getting more peopl doing the tournaments the way they use to be. 8-10 games qualifying and 15 games matchplay. and the prizefund was better aswell. i think the tournaments should go back to the way they use to be.
James

im with jameswoody on this one with the 15 games of match play there was alot more prize money and also it gives u the satifaction that if u win the tournement u now u went threw the whole field the claim to title, i think the competitive side of the tournys have been taken away and need to be put back to like they were.

Once again - I agree with these guys - total pinfall is not as competitive & when there is carry over from day 1 it is worse again -because you need to be near the top on the first day to have a chance - with head to head it is a real competition & gives everyone a chance as long as they qualify on the first day.

Sue and Maxine said at the start of the last tournament that we were more than welcome to give ideas for formats etc and I believe that is still the case so contact them and see what they say.

James Sitters

hi all.

I can not say anything about other states, but my biggest problem where tornaments are concerned is the lack of interest from the centres themselves,

there are not many application in each ventre, a lot of the time I have not seen applications or even word of a tornament, i have been bowling out of failrfiield for over a year in a scratch singles league, you would think there would be word seeing it is a 190 + ave league

thanx guys for the input, i see where every1 is cuming from. hopefully next year we will get the tournements back to the way they were with ranking points and format. as it was said before, sue has asked for ideas and opinions about running a better tournie.

we were told all nsw events were canned, so people have most likely already planned what tournaments they would attend this year and early next year and simply cant afford to add another 2/3/5/7 whatever non-ranked events to their budgets at the drop of a hat.

besides, the only place i've seen any nsw tournaments advertised is on totalbowling (and even that was by chance), and a lot of people dont read these forums

Back
Top Bottom