Emerson Finals tomorrow..

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Lots of questions will be answered this weekend. For myself, it will be somewhat of a stretch to be among the top bowlers. I've been injured since the Emerson roll-off held in Mildura a few months ago and just haven't recovered in time to get myself ready for a grueling two day event. I was hoping to get down to Epping early and have Tonx drill me up a couple of new balls but that isn't feasible now so I will have to make do with my current equipment lineup of a three year old ball, an eight year old ball and whatever else (even older) that I can resurrect out of the back room.

I have no expectations of our team taking home the title, but then again, I wasn't expecting to be victoious in the north roll-off either and we surprised everyone with a come from behind victory. So anything's possible. What i do want to see happen, is for the bendigo team to make their spares and gain some self confidence when matching up against some really tough opponents.

I've tried to stir up some of the other bowlers. You know get them so incensed that their main focus becomes beating me and not concentating in winning the team game. We'll know in a few days whether or not it worked.

Got a bowling tip for anyone who wants to become a better match play bowler.:

Your opponent is the PINS, not the person you're matched up against. There is no defense in bowling. No tackling, no shepherding, no zone defense alignment, no throwing off your opponent, so why would you even bother to watch them or pay attention to their score. Score watching can only have a negative effect on your game. Beat the pins and you'll end up a victor more often than not.

My job this weekend is not to win my matches but more to the point, to bowl as good as I can, provide my teammates with lane information and support them in their bowling.

Seeya in a few days with a full report of this weekend's action.

"Your opponent is the PINS, not the person you're matched up against. There is no defense in bowling. No tackling, no shepherding, no zone defense alignment, no throwing off your opponent, so why would you even bother to watch them or pay attention to their score. Score watching can only have a negative effect on your game. Beat the pins and you'll end up a victor more often than not. "

Couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom