Emerson Cup lowdown..

wchester

Bowling Tragic
First of all, I'd like to congratulate my Bendigo teammates for their hard fought efforts on the weekend. You guys really did the bowl proud!

Well, the bowling is over, Werribee dominated both the mens and ladies division and the lane condition, though a bit tricky, played fair to all competitors. Fantastic job by the entire crew at Epping Tenpin Bowl. from reception to the cafe, all were more than happy to put on a smiling face and see that all of the bowlers and spectators had a very enjoyable weekend.

This being my first 'team' event in Australia, I must admit that I was disappointed by the lack of quality bowlers in the field. I know for a fact that there were a number of highly competitive bowlers out there, who for some reason or another decided not to represent their respective bowling centre. A real shame as this Emerson ompetition could be an even bigger event with the addition of more of the top layers in the Victorian Goldpin centres.

Most disappointing was the condition of the approaches. At best synthetic approaches can be inconsistant and with the torrential rains we experienced on the weekend, it was a recipe for disaster in the making. At least three bowlers fell on Saturday, myself included. This was the single most difficult part of the bowling event and I've ended up with a very sore and bruised knee as a result. Noe I've read some other accounts of the event wherein the approaches are described as being 'slow' SLOW???.....THERE IS NO PLACE FOR 'SLOW' APPROACHES IN THIS SPORT. It's just too dangerous. We'd like to bowl without having to worry about doing serious damage to ones body.

Back
Top Bottom