World Masters Stick Approach

Should the game been stopped and the problem rectified

• Yes

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
I watched the World masters Game 2 Caminsky Vs Van Der Tol the other day (thanks to Gutter Rat)
Both bowlers where having trouble with a sticky approach.
Actually Van Der Tol stuck and stepped thought the fowl line.
Caminsky was also having trouble and as the commentates said he was sort of lofting the ball not getting down and releasing as he usually does.

In a world class event like this don't you think the game should have been stopped and the problem fixed

What the ruling on this

Caminsky threw an excellent game but may have bowled a 300 if the approach wasn't sticky.

The game they showed before that had Belmo bowling against some Pommie guy his name slips my mind they were having trouble in that game aswell sticking on the approaches I would have imagined that maybe something could have been done maybe Belmo could make a comment about the approaches

Unless it's a safety issue, suck it up...

That's like Tiger Woods wanting a change of venue because it's windy, sometimes that's the way of it. They both had to deal with the same problem...

According to the actual rules (and this is without checking wording, I'm sure someone will shoot me down if appropriate) neither player has the right to deface the approach - what if one of them liked it slow?

Isn't the whole point of a competition to make things competitive? You're not only competing with your opponent, but you gotta work with what you've got.

there is a difference between slow and sticky. If there was a substance on the approach causing it to be "sticky", then I think there is every right to get it cleaned. Tiger woods might not be able to move the event because it's windy, but he can certainly wait for an elephant to move off the green :D

An elephant, nice :)

Like I said, unless it's a safety issue... A substance making it sticky is a safety issue. Stupidly slow (but not sticky) is suck it up

Welcome, to the World of Bowling in Newcastle, every Centre has Synthetic Approaches and they are all STICKY, thats why I can't Bowl here.

willey

The approaches were extremely bad.

We complained and the staff did all they could but it didnt help so much. But they tried, so we were thankful.
It was a brand new lane and approach so all it needed was about 10 games on them to warm them up.
You will find as the shows goes on the approach is more or less forgotten about.

Im never one to complain about anything. But for a made for TV bowling show, where the emphasis is more about high scoring, the approach in my opinion is the most important part of everyones game.

In saying that, the reason i lost really didnt have all that much to do with the approach.
I was restless all match and never felt comfortable. For the first time in that event, I was put off by the crowd (some by accident, others on purpose....I later found out).
James Tidd bowled a great match and in the end he did bowl much better than me. thats how that event goes i guess!

As for stopping the event.

NO WAY.

The schedule for the event had been planned and people turned up from far and wide to watch.
Postponing the event just to 'keep a few players happy' would be silly.
The players have to deal with it, we may not like it, but we will get over it in the end.

The person who won deserved it and overcame everything to do so.

I'll be there again next year, except next time, im winning!

Belmo

I was put off by the crowd (some by accident, others on purpose....I later found out).

I'd like to hear more about that. I'm sure everyone noticed the kid swinging the legs while you were on the approach. The commentators made a point of it. We were cheering you all the way regardless. You do Aussies proud.

There's been plenty of times while I worked as a tech that I've been asked to spot clean the approach by a bowler. Oddly, it's usually the same bowler week in week out. You can't compare tournaments of this magnitude to league bowling. The competitors must play whats in front of them. In saying that, I watched the PBA teams shootout. Never seen open air bowling before. Was very windy. Does the match stop if debris is blown on to the lanes?

thats why shoes have changeable soles and heels...

surely at that level they could overcome it.

Also agree with earlier posts made by a couple of people.. unless its a safety issue (foreign substance spilled on to the approach) then its game on.

Also agree with earlier posts made by a couple of people.. unless its a safety issue (foreign substance spilled on to the approach) then its game on.
I would have thought a professional at that level tripping at the foul line would have been classified as a Safety issue

Well thanks Belmo for your insite on the problem with the approaches it is a real shame that you lost but your still a true champ regardless of what the outcome was and as for people deliberately putting you off that is disgraceful:mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom