emerson dunn sheild clash

chucker

is it going to happen
i know we mention this every year but i think the keon park men should organise a match even just a frienly on neutral ground with the melton men,as should the dandy women and the shepparton women.
i am sure there is a date available early january at a neutral centre that the four teams can get together.
i think the best idea would be best of five games and all 7 of your bowlers has to be used for at least 2 of the first 3 games.

I was wondering why people compare Dunn Shield & Emerson Shield,should it not be Dunn Shield & Country Cup. City Vs Country?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

i will talk to the men tonight and see what happens.. up for it adam? where would the women bowl.. the men could bowl at highpoint or greensborough.. just suggestions.

Of course, would love to play against you and Lowie and the rest of the Parkers...The logistics could be difficult, but if the motivation is there, I dont see why not.

Good point about City vs. Country though...I guess I was looking at more a Goldpin/AMF clash. Having bowled in about a dozen Dunn shields, and then not being a part of it, I guess thats where my motivation comes from. Winning is nice, but the camaraderie, sportsmanship and atmosphere of both weekends is really what makes me want to play.

Dunn Shield Vs Emerson Shield seems to cover everybody.

If is was Dunn Shield Vs Country Cup then centers like Greensborough, Mentone, Werribee, Ed Flemming and Narre Warren would miss out

Graeme

A suggestion from left field:

What about a clash between the two All Star teams from both the Dunn and Emerson Shields.

The easiest solution would be to play three games as if you were bowling a league night.

However the ideal solution would be to bowl off over 5 games so everyone plays each other head to head.

I think we would be pretty tough to beat but then again I haven't seen who made the Emerson top 5.

As to the venue I don't think it matters where it is played I suspect we'll win.

Any thoughts on this guys.

Have to agree with Graeme Here

All country cup teams are Goldpin centres with gives them a shot at Emerson along with the misfit Goldpin City Centres

Terry, Emerson allstars were Adam Hayes, David Carmichael, Peter Flynn, Steve Eeles and Anthony Flynn...first prob we run into is that Steve made both all star teams, great effort on his behalf.

On behalf of the Melton centre, I think us guys would just want to play, we love a challenge even though Keon Park team looks better on paper.

but to get into Emerson you have to go through zone playoffs, Country Cup and Dunn Shield you dont.

Have not been to an Emerson final as yet.

Would be good to get the top two teams (2 male and 2 female) from all three touraments into a yearly playoff. If a team places in two seperate events they would then have to represent the tournament they qualified in first. Give the tournament a name of its own (to honor someone in bowling maybe), played yearly.
The host venue could be decided bi-yearly between country and city or perhaps tri-yearly to be held in the overall winning centre ie. yr1- overall winner from Dunn Shield gets to host then Emerson then Country Cup.
Two or three rounds and use MAc's suggestion that all team members must bowl 2 of the first 3 or maybe even 4 of the first 5 games.
Would be great for some of the country bowlers to compete against some of the best bowlers in the county, for them to be able to watch bowlers such as Trotts and Mac let alone compete against them. Also to be able to put a face to the name in some cases.

Rob
PS. I think we had a similar thread to this last year.

that would make it 2 great weekends a year in mildura, and we all know, there isn't any place more neutral than mildura!!!

january 8 and 9 sounds good

now we just got 2 get

keon park and dandenong, melton and geelong, latrobe valley and geelong, up there for a weekend

and for the gals

keon park and dandenong, shepparton and ???, latrobe valley and ???

been caught not paying attention again, haven't i !!!!!!

i'll be there, who else is coming????

now craig if you had paid attention then you would know who placed second in the womens draws!! :p

Second place emerson was Werribee

Second place country cup was geelong

Sounds like there are alot of good ideas coming out of you men, who would have thought!! :lol: :wink:

After reading Craig 'Akermanis' post in the other topic he might be struggling to get a gurnsey at Geelong.

I am sure that Rob would look after us in hosting the event

maybe geelong could field 2 teams

the team with heart

and

the canaries

can i be the selector for the team with heart :?: :?: :?:

can i ??? can i ???

of course i knew werribee was runner up in emmerson shield, i was just testing ya's :wink: :wink:

the way geelong is at the moment makes me understand why i used to bowl at corio village

as my mate wazza (geelong version of wozza) once told me

you'll go nowhere cause you live on the wrong side of the river

a truer word has not been spoken :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Guys

I reckon this is a great idea lets make it happen. I like Rob's idea lets gets the top two teams from each competition, mens and womens and have a two day competition, play each team twice five games a day. Name the shield after one of Victorias great bowlers and there we have another great teams event in Victoria.
If one of the teams is good enough to have finished top 2 in both Emerson and Country Cup then they can represent whichever comp they qualified first in and third place in the other can take their place in the new competition. Also should a team choose not to compete then their position can go to the 3rd team in that event.
I will speak to the Dandy girls I'm pretty sure they will be eager to join in and I can almost guarantee the Dandy men will be there as well.

Lets get this happening!!!!!!!
Cheryl

Hey chez
got your call you can count me in. I say this sounds like a whole lotta fun.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Perhaps to make it interesting you could choose the top 3 from both Dunn & Emerson Shield, and then play three rounds against each other over two days, to find the best centre team.

Someone will need to come up with a way of working out how to decide what happens when a bowler happens to be in a team from both competitions, which I am sure will happen more years than it doesn't.

This concept will give even more prestige to bowl in both the Emerson and Dunn Shield teams event, when there is the possibility that your centres team could become the Champion of Champions, and by selecting the top three teams, if one of the teams has an unlucky run in one of the comps, they still have a chance to win overall.

Now to find a Victorian legend to name the competition after...

i know he has a memorial named after him..but there is this one name that sticks in my head for something like this.. the mens shield DOUG BEAR SNR SHIELD...the ladies RUTH GUERSTER SHIELD.. just a couple of suggestions..

Hey Cheryl,

I'm there as well.. Hopefully we can get it to happen.

Go Dandy!!!

Jenny Buckle

Back
Top Bottom