Dress Shorts at Nationals! - Thank You TBA! :)

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
Nice to see that the blokes can wear dress shorts to the Nationals at Rooty Hill. A move in the direction of equality and common sense.

From the Nationals Entry Form...
DRESS CODE - Bowler’s must wear neat acceptable attire.
Men may wear plain coloured dress pants or dress shorts.
(Shorts not permitted in the Masters). Ladies may wear dress
shorts, skirts, 3/4 pants or skorts. No jeans, cargo pants,
tracksuit pants, T shirts, tank tops, or hats are to be worn
whilst competing. Permission to compete whilst wearing
clothing outside these parameters must be sought from the
Tournament Director.

Everybody bring your sunglasses as my luminous chicken legs will be out and about! (Maybe I can get some cycling in and reduce the glare for y'all...!)

In all seriousness though, it was hot in there last year, so I for one, really appreciate this move.

Thank you TBA!

Cheers,
Jason

Personally, I would say faint pin stripe, or tartan shorts (ie: what some golfers would wear) would be ok. I think it's to stop people wearing boardies.

Have a look at some of the pants that look like 70's tablecloths being worn ;). Pin stripes should be ok

I think Sam Cooley might have a few problems with his new wardrobe if they are legislating plain coloured dress slacks and shorts. Which I, personally, think would be a shame

Does plain coloured mean pinstrips are a no go?
Gotta love the word "plain." If there's one thing our sport needs to raise the profile, it just has to be more "plain." :) I hope TBA are envisioning Prada, but know it'll end up looking like K-Mart.

I was so tempted to have a line in there like "Plain... TBA - Keepin' it Amish." But resisted until now!

There were some gloriously rude trousers being worn last year. Everybody knows I'm a fan of those though. Anything to stop us looking like a mob of Bankers. A shame that somebody pushed the Independent Thought Alarm button again. "That's two independent thought alarms in one day. Willie, the children are over-stimulated. Remove all the colored chalk from the classrooms." - Principal Skinner

For now, I'm happy to be able to wear shorts. Temperatures are back in the teens here in Bathurst, so my shorts are getting dusted off and my legs are loving all that Vitamin D.

I've spoken to TBA about this, Cara and John Coxon have said I can wear them during the qualifying squads, but not during the finals. I do however have the finals covered too with a pair of Kermit the Frog green, hot pink or fluro orange for those days :p

I've spoken to TBA about this, Cara and John Coxon have said I can wear them during the qualifying squads, but not during the finals. I do however have the finals covered too with a pair of Kermit the Frog green, hot pink or fluro orange for those days :p

"Plain Fluro Orange" and "Plain Fluro Green".... I Like your thinking Sam!! :D

Mad! No split trousers or exposing my alter ego at Nationals! Unless CSP throws another perfect game of course!

A move in the name of common sense, thanks TBA.

I'm glad SOMEBODY'S keeping the 80's alive, Sam. Besides commercial radio, that is...

Looking forward to these trousers. Brenton Davy! Are you out there? Can you help? :D

Haha! Did that 30 years ago! I had the hot pink, tangerine green and bright orange pants. Also had teal, ferrari red, bright yellow and tartan that terrorised the tournament scene from 1981. Can't fit into them any more (like by about 25 kilos) and don't have the game any more to justify making myself stand out that much either LOL. Nice to see some colour in tournaments tho.

Back
Top Bottom