Do we have an Oz bowler of the year?

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
I keep seeing these overseas awards for bowler of the year, it would be interesting to see a forum vote for an Oz bowler of the year. What do you think Graham?

Yeah thats a good idea... My picks would be Brando or George F, they have been bowling superbly this year...

Later

I think my main concern would be that it wouldnt be judged on bowling performance, and it would turn into a popularity contest.

i think that if u were to select an australian bowler of the year you would probably pick one bowler from each state to contest the final. I know here in victoria at the VTBA awards night Paul Trotter and Nat Shelley were named the bowlers of the year. If other states had bowlers of the year then you would be able to work out the Male and Female bowlers of the year.

What are other peoples thoughts on this idea.

Catch
Kelvin

Like I have said before......I think the State Awards night of nights is an awesome idea and one that I think every state committee should adopt. I put the idea forward....will anybody second that motion? :D

I'll second that. We always complain about the total lack of media attention to your sport. Well, organise an Awards Night for each state, let the papers and even Television stations know about. I've seen Lawn bowls awards nights on the Telly, surely we can get there too!! But we have to give the papers and the Television Stations something to report about.
Just an idea...

Later Da Cowman!

I agree with da_cowman i see lawn bowls all the time on the local news, if they can do it then so can we.

One question that gets me is.. how would we choose a bowler from each state? i mean.. surely u would have to concider each centre in the state and if that did happen... how would u be able to vote on who the the best bowler for the year in the state? u would proberly need ave improvements, the bowlers bests for the year, local, state wide other australian tournement placings into concideration...

Does that make sense or is it all a bunch on nothin? and is there any other suggestions on how this would work??

Back
Top Bottom