Couldn't Help Myself

jimcross

I sent this e-Mail to Tony Drexel........ Like I said - Couldn't help myself.

Goodness, Tony, having watched yesterdays filming of the Womens and Mens finals, and 'comparing ' for want of a better word, with last year..............the Bowling Industry / Administration in Australia, is so shortsighted that if it held it's arms out in front of it, It wouldn't be able to see its fingers.
Jim.
This is 2012!!!! Without T/V coverage - Death is only a matter of 'when' not 'If'. But -you know all that, I'm just letting off steam.
How could Bowling as a whole be so bloody stupid. They had it all on a plate with your show, they're all MAD.

Unfortunately i couldnt log in yesterday to view it.

Jim was it a better stream than last year?

Looking at the background scenes, I'm sure the atmosphere in the centre was great. On line, however it was amateurish in the extreme. It seemed that they may have been using the bowl’s internet connection which progressively got worse as more people logged on near the end making it difficult to see anything useful, including who had won, or the final scores. progressively, scores were seldom shown.

The pictures and sound broke up constantly. There is NO WAY any member of the public would have sat and watched it though to the end.

Our bowlers who commentated did very well to lift the tenor of the whole thing, but they were the only bright spot in the midst of an amateurish production.

Summary --- It was embarassing, despite the fact that the matches themselves were nailbiting.

I thought Glen Loader, Mike Seymour and Cheryl Munson did a great job of commentating, all coming across as very professional and articulate (some of the bigger sports e.g. rugby league could take note).

Also Huge congratulation to Belmo who not only showed again what a brilliant bowler he is, but also reinforcing the old adage that it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!

I thought Glen Loader, Mike Seymour and Cheryl Munson did a great job of commentating, all coming across as very professional and articulate (some of the bigger sports e.g. rugby league could take note).

Also Huge congratulation to Belmo who not only showed again what a brilliant bowler he is, but also reinforcing the old adage that it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!

Agree with every word, but what has that to do with the quality of the broadcast? Things like that put Tenpin Bowling down! If we all keep running around finding something nice to say about something awful, how will we ever even acknowledge that we need to improve? Or do people think our ( Bowlings ) public profile compared to other sports is OK ?

I am currently uploading a video to YouTube of the final 2 frames of the deciding game.

Should be up in a couple of hours. The crowd reaction was something I haven't seen in a bowling centre for a long, long time. Will post the video when it's finished uploading. Should be in full HD when it's done (hopefully).

I've Just seen HELP on the TBA site, and genuinely, I hope people can help them out, and a good version can be salvaged. The actual action was obviously 1sr Class Plus.

BUT - My God !! In 2010 it was a mess--- In 2011 it was perfect--- In 2012 it was a mess---What could the difference possibly be?

To fix it, all they have to do; is start from scratch, learn from their mistakes. Engage acknowledged capable persons who can demonstrate success in producing the types of live ( and taped ), broadcasts, likely to promote bowling. Unless they believe bowling can be promoted without TV ? Purchase the required equipment. PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Oh - wait a bit- that was all available to them - without having to do all the work - just fair financial support.

??????????? HUH ?

Reactions: CT
Wow. I have just seen this help request too.

I hope this absolute disaster doesn't cost Australia their chance to host a WBT event in the future. With a small outlay, a 1st class production could have been done and stashed away in the TBA history books for life. Will we ever again get the chance to see Belmo win the Australian Masters in front of a home crowd against his nemesis, Sean Rash?

I'm speechless as to how this has all come about. Come on TBA - get your act together.

Back
Top Bottom