Congratulations David Porto & Emily Robertson

wchester

Bowling Tragic
This weekend you both showed why you're the cream of the crop. Well done on defending your titles!

'who changed the oil pattern?'..Shame on whom ever it was.

Well done Em and Porto you guys killed it from start to finish
Well done to all other place getters to

MONSTER numbers!!! Great effort though, strike or lose is a tough way to play a major too and 2 quality players have sat atop the list!!!

This weekend you both showed why you're the cream of the crop. Well done on defending your titles!

Nice to see you there supporting the future of Australian bowling Wayne.

Way to go Em, you rocked it.:thmbup:
Congratulations on the win, and the 300 too.:D
Keep it up.
xx

Another one Em??? Getting a bit old now....
But Congratulations, I totally forgot it was Werribee Youth this weekend!! Great bowling and hitting some great form!!!
Congrats to Porto as well for defending his title!! Keep the streaks going guys!
R xo

Mr Chester
Please tell me that its a joke I just don't get or I am going for the jugular here because if this comment is an attempt to discredit those kids win or to discredit the Tourney or even my centre there will be hell to pay. Please explain your comment.
Doriana Porto

Doriana..With all due respect to you, my post had no underlying meaning. I gave kudos to the two winners and I meant every word of it. They deserved to be champions because they bowled the best on the weekend.

The second part of my post was intended to say that the oil pattern that was posted on this site and the TBA website could not possibly have been the actual pattern used for such a high scoring event. Even sitting at home in front of my computer, I can see where there has been a last minute change in the applied condition. Now, if you can't tell the difference between a 2.75 - 1 oil ratio and a walled up shot, then you may need to ask your bowlers what it was that they believe they bowled on. or maybe you should have a little chat with your head tech/laneman.

It's a pretty safe bet that there were a couple of kids who practiced on the advertised oil pattern, only to find that they faced something completely different come tournament time. THIS is what my post is all about. There should NOT have been a pattern change.

Mr Chester

I didn't see you here on the weekend nor did I see you here on Friday when the condition was laid nor have you spoken to any of the bowlers so you must have been talking to the fairies again.
To accuse us of changing anything is an insult but not much less is expected from you. But that's your style.
I have my own poll going and you are just chalking up the votes. Its called 'Wind them up and watch them go". You winded me up alright so I'll refrain from adding to this post because it will surely be deleted.

Doriana :mad:

Doriana..With all due respect to you, my post had no underlying meaning. I gave kudos to the two winners and I meant every word of it. They deserved to be champions because they bowled the best on the weekend.
The second part of my post was intended to say that the oil pattern that was posted on this site and the TBA website could not possibly have been the actual pattern used for such a high scoring event. Even sitting at home in front of my computer, I can see where there has been a last minute change in the applied condition. Now, if you can't tell the difference between a 2.75 - 1 oil ratio and a walled up shot, then you may need to ask your bowlers what it was that they believe they bowled on. or maybe you should have a little chat with your head tech/laneman.
It's a pretty safe bet that there were a couple of kids who practiced on the advertised oil pattern, only to find that they faced something completely different come tournament time. THIS is what my post is all about. There should NOT have been a pattern change.

Wayne,
This is a fairly big accusation for someone who was not at the event. There can be many factors as to why the scores were high, bowlers ability, oil used and probably most of all in this case the characteristics of the house is high scoring.

I am not doubting ur knowledge of the game as we all know u are the guru, however, to make a statement that the oil pattern was changed is questioning the tournament director and centre management integrity who held the event.

I'm going to back up Doriana on this as i did have a practice on the same oil pattern that the bowlers bowled on during the tournament and it was exactly the same. So there wasn't a change to the pattern at all between the 3 days i bowled on that pattern.

Someone please give this guy something to do during the day!!!!

What the hell??

Every lane pattern in the world never plays like the 'print out'. Depending on who bowls on the lanes, where everybody bowls on the lane, what kind of balls everyone used, the weather, the air con, the oil used, the oil machine used, the surface of the lane....should i keep going??

Wayne, what ever is laid down, the winner won because of one simple fact (in this format anyway) they knocked over the most pins.
Who cares what the lanes played like compared to the graph....everyone there had their chance to win and only 2 took it by the scruff of the neck!
I know you know this, but the next comment you make is basically saying...."well if the lanes played the way the graph said it should the result would of been different"

I have played on a few FIQ patterns that played a little easier than what the sheet said....i suppose KEGAL changed the pattern then too.

Further more to make an accusation about something you didnt even see, about a bowling centre whose reputation is wonderful and does heaps for youth bowling in this country........MAN what the hell!!!!!

David and Emily well done..... Its never easy to win and you did!

Looking forward to seeing you both bowl for our country on a couple more "walled up house shots"

Jason

Well done David and Emily, you both bowled very well.

Also a great accomplishment both going back to back.

Rob

Ps..Pity David can not break into cars as well as he bowls:p

Ps....Also to the All Wise, All Knowing Guru, another case of F I M.

Hi all,

Got home early for once and sat down to catch up on news here on TotalBowling.

Well blow me down if I didn't fall out of my chair after reading WC's post, I got up off the floor and read it again in disbelief. My, my,my what trollop you dribble.:mad:

Thank you to Belmo for his post- well written and I am sure said with his hand on his heart.:cool:

To Edi, I feel off the chair again after "watching" your post, it was because I was laughing so hard at the message. :groupwave:
As it is in cartoon form I am surwe WC would understand it whilst "sitting in front of his computer" and hopefully he abides by the message.:D

To Dorianna, your no reply will be a HUGE reply- stay proud.:)

Now as this post is titled "Congratulations David Porto & Emily Robertson"

Well done to both of you, even for us hacks, either watching from the sidelines, observing from afar or even waiting with bated breath of news on how well the future of this sport is doing, you not only did yourselves proud but I am sure your parents and all the supporters who really give a damn.

I might be ostricised by some, but who gives a?

Joe Fazzari

Thank you Jarron, Jason, Chris and everyone else. I'm well aware that a pattern can and often does play differently to what one might think, after having eyeballed the printout. The question I pose is this....

Was the pattern that was laid for the tournament in fact the very same pattern that was shown on the TBA website? If the answer is yes, then I stand corrected and will apologise both privately and publicly to Edi and Doriana. So instead of reading between the lines of what has been posted here, I ask the question and hope to read your answer so we can put this to rest.

Just wanted to say a huge congrats to David and Emily!!!
You guys both bowled amazing and deserved the win.

Also congrats to the other place getters and those who bowled a 300 :)

Cassie xoxox.

Congratulations to the winners, very well done.

However, the reason I'm posting here is our of curiosity, I'm well aware that lanes rarely play exactly the same way they are printed out on due to the countless variables associated -- but once I was told that kegel machines can't help but lay down easy blocks, despite what's put into their memory. Is this correct?

Wayne
Since you are willing to privately apologise perhaps you should be willing to privately accuse instead of making a congratulatory post all about you!

Congrats to David and Emily.
Well Done Doriana, Edi and the gang on another successful event.

Back
Top Bottom