2007 Werribee Youth Cup Thank You

Peter Coburn

Sponsor
My sincere thanks to all those that competed and especially those that travelled from interstate to the 2007 (5th) Werribee Youth Cup.

It was a great pity that this event was not as well patronised as in previous years, which ultimately affects the prize fund and your experience. However, Werribee Superbowl is to be congratulated for tipping in $4000.00 cash into the prize fund as well as giving away 5 top line bowling balls. Even though the bowl must have made a significant lose from this event they are to be congratulated for their enthusiasm and support for the sport of tenpin bowling.

Once again a great event, in a top centre coupled with customer service emulated by many but bettered by none. After the event we started working on some ideas to encourage more participation in 2008, so please keep this event in mind for next year.

Congratulations to the two lefties, Emily Robertson and David Porto, in winning the 2007 Werribee Youth Cup.

Also to Hamish Rogers in winning the consolation final (averaging 235 scratch) and to Kimberley Johnson in bowling her first perfect game using a Storm Trauma Recovery. This game was only the first 300 game bowled in the 5 year history of the Werribee Youth Cup, let alone only the 2nd by a female at Werribee and to boot, up against the wall on lanes 1 & 2.

It was once again a pleasure to be the tournament director of this event. The spirit of competition and camaraderie is obvious in the youth ranks. I did not detect even a hint of any code of conduct infringements. Well done to all, please keep up this spirit of competition into future years.

With selection into the Australian Youth Team to China up for grabs in the near future and, moving forward, the 2008 World Youth Championships, in USA, on the horizon I can only encourage all youth bowlers to patronise the upcoming tournaments in order to get your names in front of the selectors.

Good luck to all for the rest of the year.

Well said Peter,

Its ALWAYS a pleasure bowling at Werribee, The Family really relates to what bowlers want in a tournament and do their best to service our needs. Whether they make $4000 or lose $4000 the service and professionalism you recieve is always at its best! Thank you!

Peter and Ian, Thank you both... After all you are a part of that service and professionalism that makes bowling tournaments like these a pleasure.

PS - I was shattered to hear the kitchen had closed an hour before we finished bowling, to tell you the truth that was the biggeest reason for me bowling:p

Thanks again ladies and gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom