Coach Required For Dedicated Brisbane High Rev Youth Bowler

D

Ducati 851

I need a coach to get me where im going, im from forest lake, and i need a coach to help with some minor infractions, if your going to tell me how many revs is too much, dont waste your time, in training i average from 190-205. Spares a desperate.

I would like to offer my coaching help to you free of charge. Since I live in Victoria, it's not possible at this time for me to see you bowling.

You can send me a video, or better yet, a DVD of yourself bowling. Twelve shots taken from various angles including close-ups will give me sufficient material to work with for an analysis of your game.

If you are serious about this sport, give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose except the price of the video and postage. Pleasae send me a private message with your contact details and I'll reply with mine.

Wayne Chester

Im trying to get a hold of Vaughan White, anyone that can help ,me out

Vaughan White I think is contactable through Chermside Hyperbowl (but don't hold me to that I'm not sure).. he also bowls at Caboolture on Wednesday nights, so you could ring there and ask for him sometime around 7:30 - 8 pm I guess.

Hope that helps.

if your going to tell me how many revs is too much, dont waste your time, in training i average from 190-205. Spares a desperate.
If you're going to insist on throwing a high rev buzz ball at spares, don't waste a coaches time. Revs should be as appropriate to the lane condition, and learning how and when to adjust your rev rate is a critical skill for consistency at a high level. And if you are not throwing it straight at most spares - corners at least - you are throwing pins away.
There is a lot more to bowling than simply revving the snot out of a ball on a ditch.
A strong ball is a huge asset, especially on todays conditions, and it is usually a lot easier to ease up on a big shot than for a typical stroker to learn to rev it up. If you can have the best of both worlds, why not do it?

Well said Robbie. Even the biggest crankers that are actually at an elite level have a straight shot in their arsenal so that they can actually spare. If a missed 10 pin is worth 11 pins a game, how does your 195-205 average look with another 11-22 pins in it? Practice is one thing, the real thing is totally another. Every pin is critical.

A very good point there, actually, i dont rev the snot out of it, buts its still pretty high, as for spares, i think its the mental aspect, my 7 pins shots, being a left hander are a straight line, but thanks for the comments Buckley, Im well aware of your reputation as a bowler

but thanks for the comments Buckley, Im well aware of your reputation as a bowler
I'm not sure if that's good or bad... :lol:
Question - do you use a plastic ball for spares? and which side do you have the most trouble with?

Often bowlers who throw a lot of hand have very open shoulders, and consequently have trouble throwing straight at 'opposite side' spares, which require somewhat closed up shoulders at the foul line. If you can hit a target consistently, you shouldn't have any problems with hitting single pins with a straight ball - unless you don't align your swing plane properly with your target at the beginning.

Haha dont worry robbie its all good i assure you,

Um no i dont use a plastic, its a trait I recently leant from Darren Colburn, but yeah just practice practice practice

I dare say a bit to do with my ball speed

Back
Top Bottom