clayton lanes disappointing

silent assassin

what do people think of Clayton lanes. bowled four games myself and was very disappointed. pinsetter malfunctioned, many times. left black scuff marks on the ball that covered the whole oil line of the ball and left nice good scratch marks on the ball that would make even the elite bowlers happy. it really reminded me of dandenong when i use to bowl there. if you are going to check them out make sure you take your old bowling balls with you. yes its early days yet and hopefully they will fix the glitches before the leagues start. good luck

I bowled a couple of games there today and don't seem to have had any of the problems you have mentioned - no pinsetter malfunction, scuff marks or scratches.

There were a number of staff, but most appeared very new to the industry, but I'm sure they will settle in fairly quickly.

No complaints from me, other than training their staff to be up to scratch!

Good luck AMF Clayton.

what do people think of Clayton lanes. bowled four games myself and was very disappointed. pinsetter malfunctioned, many times. left black scuff marks on the ball that covered the whole oil line of the ball and left nice good scratch marks on the ball that would make even the elite bowlers happy. it really reminded me of dandenong when i use to bowl there. if you are going to check them out make sure you take your old bowling balls with you. yes its early days yet and hopefully they will fix the glitches before the leagues start. good luck

Sorry mate, bowling centers don't open up & run perfectly, they take fine tuning. Go back in a few months & try it again once the techs & employers have had time to settle in.

bowlers always try to find an excuse to blame the centre Clayton is new, as Troyza says go back in a few months then judge it again.

hey i bowled there yesterday with my 2 boys and thought the lanes were fine, apart from the ball sailing clean between the 9 & 10 pin once everything was ok, took my 2 oldest balls with me just in case but never had any problems with scratching or scuff marks, and yep your right Noelene, the staff were pretty new to the sport but the management team were there to keep them on track and show them the few errors they had made, (Charging me full stick even though i had my discount card with me) but all in all quite a good experience, it can only get better

Back
Top Bottom