Cairns National points

I have found out that the Cairns open has lost it's national pionts and wondering why. There was no reading done on the lanes at any time during the event. I was informed that a reading was taken 2 days proir to the event.
I have some questions TBA.......or anyone else who can shed some light or feels that same.........
*Can they be sure that the condition that was measured on Thursday was the same as what we bowled on?
*Why should the bowlers be punished for something that is completly out of their hands?
*How can one reading on one lane prove an entire events condition?
*Are the organizers or TBA guilty of faulse and misleading advertizement of the event (stating that it was anational ranked event)?
*Wil there be compensation for bowlers who pay a lot of money to travell to these events only to have the event lose it's points?
*What is to stop corruption.(laying out a codition which does not pass as a TBA ranked condition To stop the points to let a bowler hold there postion in the rankings)?

I am all for the harder scoring conditions which require good shots and not good equiptment to win. But the way TBA has conducted the first weekend of national events I can not see it working.
In my opinion if the TBA is serious about this, actualy test the lanes and test more then one or two, check 20+ through the weekend. Punish the promoters and organizers not the bowlers.
If you want more bowlers travelling and competing don't make us roll a dice with the event that we are competing at.

Shayne Melton

Hey Shane,

I am interested to know who informed you that the National Ratings points for Cairns Open have been stripped ? The reason I ask is that I received an email from John Coxon last Wednesday stating that I had received 80 points for winning.

Nobody from TBA will answer you on this site (Peter Coburn sent me an email the other day stating this) - I fear the reason for this, is that this great site is a very public forum and people might actually be held accountable for things they say (however this is just my opinion).

Also if a reading was done on Thursday then it wasn't done by a representitive of the TBA, which is a complete contradiction to the policy set out by TBA (I know a reading wasn't done by a TBA Rep, as Peter Coburn also emailed this to me)

I feel that TBA and their Lane Condition Policy have already lost a lot of credibility after just two ranked tournaments. I mean they were the ones who put out the policy stating that a rep from TBA would attend ALL nationally ranked tournaments and yet seeing someone from TBA at Cairns Open was akin to a sighting of the Loch Ness Monster.

What a great deterrent to stop Centres holding nationally ranked tournaments from laying down easy/illegal conditions, by stripping the bowlers (the people paying all the money to travel and bowl) of their rankings points.

If it turns out that the points from Cairns have been stripped, then TBA can stick their sport (which I have played for the last 27 years) where the sun don't shine, and I'll go find a sport where the governing body keeps its word and is concerned about ALL of it's constituents.

Steve Hunt :x :x :x

Rankings

Well Steve

There are two explanations as far as i can see:

Option 1

You havent filled out a form to be eligible for the National Points System

or

Option 2

They have taken Points away from those who bowled in the Cairns Open

The Reason i say this is because i just looked on TBA Website and you name is not anywhere to be seen. And as for Shane his name is there but has no points beside it.

I agree with you steve, i dont see why the bowlers should be punished when TBA can't arrange for a represenative to be there to take a reading. If TBA knew they couldnt get anybody there to do a reading then they should not have allowed it to be nationally ranked.

This is just my view and possible views of a few other people.

Back
Top Bottom