Bowling tournaments

S

S-Girl

hi ya all

Just wanted to know if everyone thought there should be other tournaments on for people like me (who are unable to be better than bowlers who bowl in major tournaments such as dunn Sheild or ECCC)?

As i don't bowl other than in league the biggest game i have ever bowled was a 219 back 8-10 weeks ago and i would love the opportunity to improve also...what do you think.

S-girl

As you don't list your location I don't know which bowls you live close too but here are a few suggestions.

There are many ways you could improve your bowling. Torunaments are one way but the best way is to get out and practice by bowling a few games. However make sure it is quality practice time.

Look into getting a coach or attending coaching sessions at your local bowl.

Start slowly by bowling in say the Northcote Championships that start this weekend. You can bowl in singles, doubles, teams etc. with handicap so you have as much chance as any other bowler to do well. The different conditions (assuming you are not a Northcote bowler) will also help you test your bowling ability.

When you improve to about a 160 + average then you could try a tournament like that being bowled at Dandenong this Sunday. The AMF Classic Circuit bowls under a 90% of 210 handicap system. Bowling 8 games and then having a matchplay final for the top 10 odd bowlers. There is a 45 Handicap ceiling. If you can get down and watch the event this Sunday do so as this will also help in your bowling development. Talk to a couple of the bowlers as all of us are always willing to help bowlers improve their games.

Another way to improve your game is to watch bowlers of similar ability to yourself (similar bowling style) to see what they do that works and look to see if it will help your game.

You may also want to try out for the ECCC graded team next year if you feel like you would be ready.

Dear jockey

Well i bowl at keon Park on Friday nights but i was thinking tonight of bowling again next season as this one is nearly over and i will take the advice you have given me as i really appreciated it.

Regards Chantal

Back
Top Bottom