Bowling question help needed

P

phainswo

ok with leauge bowling.. say a person is running late how long is it before we have to make him into a blind score.. its 3 frames.. and what about mins? is there a limit on it?

im asking cause one of our bowlers could be a few mins late to leauge because of work(he works ar holdens and there slowly laying off like 1000 staff ot something..

so how long do we get?

Thanks

Paul

I think it is the 3rd frames with a full team. for EG if it is 4 man team. and two full team are playing aginst each other, you use them as a guide

Paul it would be in the TBA rules under Tardy Players.

From my understanding this sort of thing isnt usually written into the Constitution of a league. As far as I know any late bowlers have until the 3rd frame is completed by both teams on that pair of lanes that the bowler that is late is due to bowl on.

Further to that if the bowler hasn't turned up by the commencment of the 4th Frame then that bowler will have to be put in as a blind score for that game. If however the bowler is just too late meaning that the 4th Frame commenced about 30 seconds before the bowler turned up. I would have thought that something that close would but upto the team that the bowler is bowling against to say yay or nay as to if that bowler should be able to make up lost ground on the game or be put in as a blind.

In my leagues i have found that opposing teams are quite forgiving and are prepared to wait if you know for sure that the missing team member is on the way. Its a case of, do it for us and we will do it for you one day. This happens providing the missing member has rang the centre or something. Otherwise three frames

I always thought it was 3 frames but I dont care if someone is late. Just ask the other team, if its a work issue, most decent people wont care too much. The most important part of bowling is the comaraderie and friendships made - the league should be ok with letting him start late.

Back
Top Bottom