Bowling is DANGEROUS

Any idiot (or drunken fools) know that to jump in any large working machine you risk serious injury.
If they have so much time/money to waste why not now investigate putting barriers at the end of the arrows to stop people getting down the lane:
Suggestions:
a) Make barrier just low enough to allow a ball to roll through-ends problem of lofting
b) Make barrier solid - ends problems of people looking at pins rather than their mark
c) Make barrier high - ends problems of bowlers seeing what they have left.
d) Make barrier look pretty - paint a target on it to give idiots something to aim at or another marketing opportunity....!!
any other suggestion welcome (tongue in cheek of course just as these are)

Well it would make a Tech's life easier anyway!
Can't hear pins, can't hear trouble call. Ergo, no problems! ;)

Trouble call?? What trouble call??
:D

The idiots could have saved a heap of dollars..............would have cost them about $50000 to install the LaneMinder 2 from Cybernetic Solutions in every centre over there.:p

Rob

Hmmm... Who would have thought that a game involving throwing hard heavy objects at speed along a hard slippery surface toward other hard heavy objects with the intention of sending them flying with an ear-splitting crash could possibly be dangerous?

Wow, the thought had had never crossed my mind... This report is worth every penny and more!

I have played pub darts......
Basically the idea is to throw sharp spears accross the public bar room while downing your favourite brew. Note, that public bar room means that anybody (under 18 accompanied by adult of course) may go anywhere they choose, including the playing area (referred to as the oche). There are no signs to tell people not to stand between the person throwing sharp objects and their target. Yet the only bad incident I have been involved in was being showered with glass by some tough guy who was not playing darts, while standing waiting my turn. I threw 100 for the record. Anyway, the point is this; the general public may be drunks, demented, slow etc, but they are not that stupid. People who grant funds for research like this however, are very, very stupid indeed. The researchers who came up with this project, then got paid for it are very, very smart indeed.

Hooligan - you said it - as too did the final line in the report. Utterly idiotic - almost every aspect of life can be considered dangerous if someone engages a lobby or interest group to evaluate and report accordingly - particularly where there are large sums of money available to underwrite the task [sound like anything else going on at the moment do you think?].

There is a cancer of over governing in all aspects of our lives these days - this concept is not new but does appear more pronounced whenever a certain type and philosophy of government is in power - both here, clearly in the UK, the US and in other similar democracies.....bowling's turn was probably overdue.

we have had 1 member of the public get within 1 metre of the pinsetters,although the kid had mental disabilities . the minders of his group werent watching and he took a running leap down the lane. ended up lying on his stomach in the middle of the lane....we as staff have never moved so quick to get down a lane, took 5 minutes to coax himoff the lane, but in saying that kids (and adults) run down the lanes on a regular basis here (the centre has been open for almost 3 years and its only been in the last 8 months that they put do not cross black foul line signs up)

whats next? a OHnS committee saying that bowling itself causes physical injuries? the world has truly gone crazy!

At what point did we as adults lose all sense of responsability???? If they're your children WATCH them, If your a carer DO YOUR JOB, and if your an adult you know whats right and wrong, As for the lawers and the judicial systems that allow people like this to sue for there own stupidity, your the reason were all having to make things idiot proof.... All were doing is creating a super breed of idiots........

Insurance companies are just rubbing their hands with glee......"Higher Premiums" (Evil Laugh!!!).

I was very happy to see that here in Australia that the high court ruled that a pub was not liable for a motorcyclist's death because he was intoxicated and the pub gave him the keys. Being drunk is no longer an excuse.

I just hope that stupidity also can fall under that and hopefully people should get this thing called common sense. Ive heard good things about it, I really hope it takes.

We have had a 2 incidents involving people trying to get into the pinsetter. One of them was so drunk they didn't know what they were doing, & the other was an exchange student who had never heard of the sport, and had no common sense. All of which happened over 2 years ago. You'd be amazed what having glow in the dark warning signs does!

*Sigh* The only thing this article does is highlight the descent of society into the pit of stupidity.

We have had a 2 incidents involving people trying to get into the pinsetter. One of them was so drunk they didn't know what they were doing, & the other was an exchange student who had never heard of the sport, and had no common sense. All of which happened over 2 years ago. You'd be amazed what having glow in the dark warning signs does!

Wouldnt need glow in the dark signs if bowling centres didnt turn the lights off. :mad:

Yep, must be a hot story this one, also read this story in the "MX" paper this week which is handed out for free every day by Queensland Rail at major stations in the Brisbane City.

Money well spent:confused::confused::confused:

Eric R

Speaking as someone who grew up in the UK I can safely say that this kind of bollocks is one of the main reasons I left that stupid country. Everyone jokes about the nanny state but the UK and it's penchant for following every dumbass whim of the European overlords in Brussels takes it to a whole new level. I could go on and on, and on, and on, but I won't.

Thanks for posting this Alan - reminds me how much better off I am here. ( High score with your shirt is 225 so far by the way :) )

Living is the most dangerous thing of all. There's a solution to that, of course, which removes the danger.

Back
Top Bottom