Help required from residents of Adelaide

finspin

Dear All,
A gang of about 20 from the UK are attending Adelaide in March 2007 for the World Police and Fire games. We are taking part in tenpin bowling being held at the Cross Roads alley. I have several questions and maybe you can help me and my colleagues.
1. How far is the alley from the main centre of Adelaide
2. Are there easy transport links to the alley
3. Conditions normally laid down for competition at Cross Roads
Might save me paying excess by not bring too many balls
4. Does it have a pro shop

I have always tried to give my cash to the small local services wherever possible. I think large multi national are good, but you can't beat the service offered by someone working for themselves. On that note, can you reccomend a reasonable family run hotel that has about 10-15 rooms that not too far from both the centre of Adelaide and the bowling alley.

If any on the bowling community in Adelaide can help but does not wish to respond in this forum, then by all means contact me via
[email protected]

Many thanks in advance

finspin said:
1. How far is the alley from the main centre of Adelaide
2. Are there easy transport links to the alley
3. Conditions normally laid down for competition at Cross Roads
Might save me paying excess by not bring too many balls
4. Does it have a pro shop
Greetings fellow Londoner :)
Cross Road is not too far from the city. It's at the junction of Cross Road and Goodwood Road. See http://www.whereis.com.au There's a few buses that run past it although I don't know which ones offhand. I can check if you want however it may be simpler to get a cab from wherever you're staying and rent locker space for the duration of your stay. Transport site = http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/
Absolutely no idea about the lane conditions. There is a proshop however there is not always a driller present - the guy that drills there is nomadic, roaming between three or four alleys. If I think of anything else I'll get back to you.

Cheers Fred,

The location/transport sites you offered are spot on.
Shame about the ball driller, I am sure that his/her services will be required at some point. In Canada in 2005, there were almost 200 bowlers from all over the world coming together under the police and fire banner, competing together against those ten white pins.
I again thank you and hope there are others out there to help me in my quest for info, prior to travelling to the Great Downunder.
So what I need is someone who knows the Cross Roads bowling alley, to give their opinion of conditions we are likely to meet
AND someone who knows/owns a hotel in the required area ,large/small enough to accommodate between 20/30 bowlers.
We haven't work out exactly who is coming, but a few Americans have voiced their choice of joining us, because we are fun people to be with.

Again I thank those in advance, who have/are responding to my request.

Alan H

A great thank you to those who responded to my request for info.

The info and advice has proved to be of great benefit to me and my bowling mates. We are really looking forward to visiting Adelaide for the competition next March. Also looking toward visit other parts of Australia

Again Thanks

Alan :cool:

Back
Top Bottom