17 SHANE JEEFRERY
18 ADAM BAKER
19 FRANK BETHKE
20 PAUL REUES
21 MATT WINES
22 GREG BROOKS

Not to late to get your entries in as this is still going ahead>
See you all tomorrow.

Unfortunately with the levels of work I have to complete combined with the fact my building was closed today, I will need to withdraw from the first event of this series.

I hope this event gets a large number of walk up entries on the day.

Good luck with this event Clemmo, I think you are on a winner in terms of value for money.

Best of luck to everyone bowling tomorrow.

The future of tournament bowling in Victoria is looking very dim indeed! (John Clemmt)Clem has put himself out on a limb for the bowlers, something which even I, a non-bowler these days, is greatly appreciative of. Too bad the able bodied bowlers of Victoria can't see that it's in their best interests to support a promoter who has gotten such great sponsorship for this series.

Craig Ryan.....withdraws...what a surprise.
let's see, Craig has signed up and withdrawn from all three of this years VSS tournaments. Now he's done the same thing this weekend. Isn't it time we take a little responsibily for our actions and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Clem, sorry to do this but I need a break tomorrow. My new addition to the family, combined with regular 14 hour days is just not something I can keep sustaining and bowl at my best.

I know how much people pulling out hurts events, but i'd rather let you know now than just not turn up on the day. Hopefully I drag myself out of bed in time to come down and watch the final.

Cheers mate, and thanks again for your efforts.

The future of tournament bowling in Victoria is looking very dim indeed! (John Clemmt)Clem has put himself out on a limb for the bowlers, something which even I, a non-bowler these days, is greatly appreciative of. Too bad the able bodied bowlers of Victoria can't see that it's in their best interests to support a promoter who has gotten such great sponsorship for this series.

Craig Ryan.....withdraws...what a surprise.
let's see, Craig has signed up and withdrawn from all three of this years VSS tournaments. Now he's done the same thing this weekend. Isn't it time we take a little responsibily for our actions and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

The first paragraph I completly agree.
BUT PERSONAL ATTACKS on our bowlers is part of the problem, not a solution. Maybe as an X-bowler you should concentrate on positive comments!! There are alot of others without a reason which need to also support such an event! Not just one!

Better than pulling out during the event because your bowling crap isn't that right Wayne. Or was that just to get a few freebies?

At least Craig done the honerable thing.

which is more than can be said for you on so many occasions.

Don't mean to blow the trumpet again or be rude but with the numerous recent pullouts - just confirms the likeliness of a better run - better supported - format up here in the sunshine state. 30+ no problem and if there were pullouts there would have been plenty to take their spots regardless of the cost or scheduling.
An average of 80 -100 bowlers turn out for tournies' paying $800 for win here and more than 20 struggle to make it for a tournie series to Vegas??

Let's be realistic here send these formats to where they would best be suited and be the most successful.
We have as many problems as other states - we can turn out why can't you??

I would give anything to bowl these types of events, not only to i think it would be a great opportunity but i think it may improve my game a little, but in all honesty i just cant afford those sort of dollars. I am not willing to risk money I could use elsewhere on more important things than waste it on an unknown.

Not sure what Buzzer (Mark Dodds) is referring to. I didn't finish the Melbourne Cup a few years ago because I had a bad shoulder and just couldn't deal with the pain, knowing that I was hopelessly out of contention. And freebies? what are these freebies you're talking about. I DON'T BOWL JUST TO GET FREE EQUIPMENT..I get comped equipment because of my record and because I know people who are in a postition to help me out...........tell us more Mark..cite some of the other occasions where you feel I didn't do the honorable thing?

And as for Craig and others doing the honorable thing..do you think that continually signing up for tournaments and then withdrawing your name just before the scheduled date is honorable? I don't..I think it's completely unfair to the tournament organizers! ............

Craig...
I've posted what appears to be a personal attack upon you for pulling out of a number of tournaments this year...It's really an attack on all bowlers who think nothing of signing up to bowl something and then change their minds for whatever reason. You were just the most obvious target since I have a list of last minute changes for all the VSS events...

Nothing personal Craig..I'M JUST TIRED OF SEEING THE ENTRY LISTING GO UP AND DOWN LIKE A YO-YO

THIS is making it harder and harder to run a successful tournament. Do you think that all entries should be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit or that maybe, bowlers who don't pay in advance should be made to pay extra on the day?..

Don't mean to blow the trumpet again or be rude

That didn't stop you earlier in the thread.

An average of 80 -100 bowlers turn out for tournies' paying $800 for win here and more than 20 struggle to make it for a tournie series to Vegas??

Thats quite funny actually. There was a sport bowling major tournament held in Queensland February last year that had the highest payout of the year nationwide. From memory they were lucky to get 50 entries.

Maybe you should learn to stay in threads that are applicable to you. That way less people will think you are an idiot.

That didn't stop you earlier in the thread.

Thats quite funny actually. There was a sport bowling major tournament held in Queensland February last year that had the highest payout of the year nationwide. From memory they were lucky to get 50 entries.

Maybe you should learn to stay in threads that are applicable to you. That way less people will think you are an idiot.

Actually 75

Actually 75

That paid their own entry? My apoligies for getting the figure incorrect.

Maybe a better example was at aspley earlier this year where there was 8 entries to a national tournament, or the year before where an event was withdrawn due to lack of entries costing some poor guys from NZ a trip to Aus with no tournamnet to bowl?

Entries aren't just "magically" better in other states. It just so happens to be this tournament due to various reasons.

As a parent of a travelling youth bowler and a tournament bowler my self from a time far gone i must admit i do see a hell of a lot of pullouts these days in all tournies no matter how big or small one reason maybe, far to easy to put your name down these days,(internet )i know it's today's way for every thing --- totally every thing . But people one thing about the old days if you put your name down on a entry forme and you sent it to the organiser you turned up .Having said this i do understand there are honest reasons for pullouts. BUT

And back to the subject, well done to those that did bowl today. 16 or so bowlers turned up to bowl on a very tough condition. Tested alot of bowlers. The cut was top 5 with the cut only being a 179. High game was a 221 I think. Not sure who won, I had to leave before they started step ladder.

Back
Top Bottom