BOWL YOUR WAY TO VEGAS!!!!!

With numbers looking low i have done a few adjustments just in case.
Based on 30 bowlers.
1st $700 6th $200
2nd $400 7th $180
3rd $300 8th $170
4th $250 9th $165
5th $220 10th $160

Still paying 1 in 3. Instead of it being top 16 make final it will be top 10.
A 3rd of the field.

Remember there is a Bowling ball from Qubica up for grabs for the highest place country bowler and if no one from the country attends it will go to the highest game in qualifying.

I thought that Andrew Tonkin was coming up for the ABC Marathon at Aspley Bowl QLD on the 19th & 20th of September??

I am but what the hell does that have to do with bowling at Keon park this weekend. Does this Sunday mean I can't bowl in September?

Must be pretty famous for people to be keeping tabs on the tournaments I'm bowling. Just to let you know I'm also bowling Emerson zone final and sa youth over the next few weeks. That ok? ;)

(Well I may bowl if a human can go weeks straight surviving on 2 hours sleep a night due to a newborn)

p.s. thanks for all your hard work Clem!

Gee sorry Andrew, for stating the obvious.
ABC 19/20th September (QLD) - Challenge Series 20th September (VIC)
Do you see the clash??

And do you see that the squad listing is for the first event, this weekend at Keon Park, not the entire series?

Apoligy accepted.

Clem can you add Rikki Pool for this Sunday please. THe site not accepting my entry. THanks.

Can someone please tell me check in time and what attire im to wear bas i cant load the entry form... File is corrupt or something...

Clem,

Can we get an up to date squad list posted here, there has to be more than 16 entries?

Cheers,
Thorpey

For those who cant download the entry form -

John, does check-in closes at 9am ?

THE FIRST STOP OF THE CHALLENGER SERIES WILL BE HELD AT KEON PARK.
THE PATTERN TO BE USED WILL BE HIGHWAY TO HELL.

This 40 foot pattern is the flattest of the group and therefore can be the most difficult. With an increased
amount of conditioner outside, the HIGHWAY TO HELL is a low latitude ratio pattern with very little left to
right shape to help guide the bowling ball towards the pocket. Each player will have to decide and make
sense of their ball reaction to decide what's best for them to find their way down the HIGHWAY TO HELL!

WHEN SUNDAY THE 26TH OF JULY
WHERE AMF KEON PARK- 16 KEON PARADE, THOMASTOWN 3075
COST $150
CHECK-IN 9:00AM

STAGE 1: ALL BOWLERS WILL BOWL 8 GAMES SCRATCH IN ONE
APPERANCE.THE TOP 16 BOWLERS WILL THEN BE ANNOUNCED.
STAGE 2: PINFALL FROM STAGE 1 WILL CARRY OVER. THE TOP 16
BOWLERS WILL THEN BOWL 4 MORE GAMES. THE TOP 4 BOWLERS
WILL THEN MOVE TO STAGE 3
STAGE 3: TOP 4 BOWLERS WILL THEN BOWL A 1 GAME STEPLADDER.
4TH VS 3RD. WINNER TO PLAY 2ND. THE WINNER OF THAT GAME WILL
THE CHALLENGE THE TOP QUALIFIER. TOP QUALIFIER HAS THE RIGHT
TO RE-CHALLENGE.

Sorry guys at work at the moment will update later tonight when i get home and will have a look to see why the entry form is not downlaoding.
All that is required as attire goes is a collard shirt> No singlets or tracksuit pants.
Before checking today we have 17 entries.

How many entries are required for this to go ahead.

You must really question the viability of tournament bowling in this state based on this turnout.

I can understand some (through injury, finances etc), but for only 16 names to be down is an absolute disgrace.

As much as it hurts me to say, this state does not deserve events like the Australian Open. All you need to do is look at our friends in Queensland. They would jump at the opportunity to go anywhere in the state to bowl a tournament. My question is why can't bowlers in this state get behind its events?

I really hope this runs and gets a good turnout. I really do.

You Vics don't know how good you get it sometimes. Your right Craig, run this in Queensland and you'll get 40+ entries. Whats wrong with you Mexicans?

Sorry guys at work at the moment will update later tonight when i get home and will have a look to see why the entry form is not downlaoding.
All that is required as attire goes is a collard shirt> No singlets or tracksuit pants.
Before checking today we have 17 entries.

Are shorts suitable?

CURRENT LISTING:

1 DARREN BIANCHI
2 DAVID PORTO
3 ANDREW THORPE
4 ANDREW TONKIN
5 BRETT SMITH
6 KEVIN LEYDON
7 PAUL ROBINSON
8 NARELLE BAKER
9 CRAIG RYAN
10 PETER HAMMOND
11 JAMES BOWLES
12 RIKKI POOL
13 JAYDEN KALMAN
14 IAN STRAHAN
15 SCOTT MOORE
16 STEVE EELES

WE NEED ATLEAST 25 ENTRIES TO MAKE THIS WORK BUT LETS TRY AND MAKE IT TO 30
AND SHORTS ARE FINE TO WEAR.

CURRENT LISTING:

WE NEED ATLEAST 25 ENTRIES TO MAKE THIS WORK BUT LETS TRY AND MAKE IT TO 30

If thats the case, what happens if we fall short of that? Are we still to bowl, or will we be notified and wont have to? I wanna know that we going to be bowling for sure before I drive 2 hours down there on sunday morning?

You must really question the viability of tournament bowling in this state based on this turnout.

I can understand some (through injury, finances etc), but for only 16 names to be down is an absolute disgrace.

Another great generalisation degrading the sport in Vic with no basis to it whatsoever.

Perhaps you haven't heard of the drought or the many other things making stuff difficult over the last few years?

The tournament will go ahead regardless of numbers. I ment to say for the series to be successful we need atleast 25 at each event.

Squad listing:

1 DARREN BIANCHI
2 DAVID PORTO
3 ANDREW THORPE
4 ANDREW TONKIN
5 BRETT SMITH
6 KEVIN LEYDON
7 PAUL ROBINSON
8 NARELLE BAKER
9 CRAIG RYAN
10 PETER HAMMOND
11 JAMES BOWLES