Big names set to come down under in October

Reading through this thread again, and being associated with tenpin Bowling, admittedly with breaks in between, for as long as bowling has existed here, I have never felt so pessimistic about it's future.
Would you believe it's not because of failures or decisions taken by TBA or AMF, it's because of the incredible unhappy negative wingers, walking around holding a little black cloud over their heads, with a piece of string. There have always been wingers , not only in bowling, of course.
Although on this thread, they're in the minority, you could understand why centres would rather have different social bowlers turn up every day rather than look forward to some on this thread turning up regularly, every week to bowl in a league ( Or - HORROR - More than once a week)
A winging, nuisance, social bowler will soon be gone - and may never come back. A winging, nuisance regular - OH MY GOD.............Let's get rid of the leagues !!

And your a perfect example!!

You jump into a discussion you haven't been a part of with wisdom like that. Go look up hypocrite in the dictionary then when you know what it means you can crawl back into the little hole you just sprung from.

At least other people on here are voicing an opinion regarding the topic. You are just a waste of space.

Now, back to the topic, have any names been confirmed or is this still an unsubstantiated rumour?

Just a Quick note, at this time anyone that has said that they will enter this event is unconfirmed due to the fact that the event still does not have an entry form out, that i am aware of.
So i support George for all he is doing is putting out to the bowling world that there is a High cash profile tournament in Australia.

Apart from verbal confirmation from the bowlers themselves would you prefer them sign a letter of intent addressed to you? Would you like their flight details and entry receipts?

Mate you are seriously having a laugh, I'm off to Jakarta in a few months and I have told several people over there I'll be there. Have I entered? No Have I booked a flight yet? No Am I going? Of course. Is it a rumour that I'm going?

These are not rumours, I am merely promoting the sport and generating a little interest not only within Australia but overseas. I am relaying information and if you think it is a rumour you are a clown.

The speculation alone creates additional interest in the event.

The prize money on offering will appeal to the Internationals and so will the fact the event will be in Sydney (even if it takes some time to travel from the bowl to the sights).

I had no doubt from the minute this was announced that this would attract the best of the best, and I am still of this opinion. They will be here, how many of them is uncertain, but you can guarantee some of the big guns of this sport will be in attendance.

The question for you GoTheCell, given your dribble in this thread, why won't you be bowling?

And it all could have happened a yr and a bit ago, AND not another major would have been touched by the way. Ah well darwin needed its ranking points i guess, obviously more than Sydney needs them this yr :p

The speculation alone creates additional interest in the event.

The prize money on offering will appeal to the Internationals and so will the fact the event will be in Sydney (even if it takes some time to travel from the bowl to the sights).

I had no doubt from the minute this was announced that this would attract the best of the best, and I am still of this opinion. They will be here, how many of them is uncertain, but you can guarantee some of the big guns of this sport will be in attendance.

The question for you GoTheCell, given your dribble in this thread, why won't you be bowling?

You summed it up fairly well. Create speculation and get people who wouldn't bowl in the event to bowl, only to be let down when noone turns up as expected. Works great in the first year then........

As for your question regarding why I am not bowling, what f-ing difference does it make? It is completely off topic. That's just another attempt to divert attention away from the FACT that at this stage all this thread is is nothing but George promoting the sport (which is good) and spreading unsubstantiated rumours (which is bad).

How about you, like many others, get back onto the topic.

Apart from verbal confirmation from the bowlers themselves would you prefer them sign a letter of intent addressed to you? Would you like their flight details and entry receipts?

Mate you are seriously having a laugh, I'm off to Jakarta in a few months and I have told several people over there I'll be there. Have I entered? No Have I booked a flight yet? No Am I going? Of course. Is it a rumour that I'm going?

These are not rumours, I am merely promoting the sport and generating a little interest not only within Australia but overseas. I am relaying information and if you think it is a rumour you are a clown.

First of all George I have to commend you on trying to promote bowling. I said that all along.

Secondly, You talked up an event in this way last year to get entries and then Belmo pulled out of the event (if he was ever bowling to start with) and a number of people only went because they thought he would be there. I just don't want to see people wasting their time and money and then being disappointed when in reality nothing has been confirmed.

You can try to be sarcastic all you want but I am not the one who started something like this last year and then nothing happened and people were disappointed.

We can debate this all you want but at present it is only "Yeah, I will be going" said to you by a person(s).

So we have someone who is annoyed with George because he talked up an event and said that Belmo would be bowling.

Belmo didn't bowl because his wife was expecting their first baby.

I say that we drag George and Belmo into the streets and stone them.

This thread is saying that some big names may bowl in the Australian Masters. There is nothing concrete so everyone just needs to wait and see.

Having been in Malaysia recently with George I know where my money is.

Another one missing the point. We need some sort of comprehension tool on this forum.

I am not pissed off with George at all. I just think spreading rumours can do more harm than good if they don't turn out to be false and last year with Belmo is an example of when they have done just that.

CANT GET THE PRIZEMONEY CHART BelowTO SPACE RIGHT. Mens, $25,000, $12500, $6250, and Womens $15,000, $7500, $3750. That leaves, I think, another $30,000 to be allocated.

$50 silver membership for a crack at that? Where do I pay?

Belmo had full intentions of bowling intially, he wouldnt have put his name down otherwise. He withdrew close towards the commencement of the event because he wanted to be close to his pregnant wife who was due with their first child. It was a last minute decision, it looked like at the time she would drop early so he made the call. I never heard any feedback from any bowlers stating they were dissappointed he didnt show.

Further to that it is not only is that my fault but Belmo's for not showing? You serisouly have a problem.

Another one missing the point. We need some sort of comprehension tool on this forum.

I am not pissed off with George at all. I just think spreading rumours can do more harm than good if they don't turn out to be false and last year with Belmo is an example of when they have done just that.

I don't believe that I have missed the point at all.

This thread is about some big names possibly bowling in Australia in October.

It's not like a rock concert where people pay and the main act doesn't front.

The only bowlers who currently are entered into the masters are the state reps. Everyone else has to earn their place by rolling a score.

Further to that it is not only is that my fault but Belmo's for not showing? You serisouly have a problem.

Everything is your fault George! Haven't you realised that yet?

Belmo not showing at Berri, New Zealand not winning Rachuig, The guy on 9 and 10 who left a cold 10.... it's all your fault!!

Almost every post by him is negative. I would love to read something that is actually constructive without the need to resort to name calling.

Given he won't be bowling in the event, it would be nice to know the reason as to why. His reason could be a common reason and highlights an area for this sport to improve!

I hope that everyone (much like George and Cow to name a couple have) talks this event up. It's not everyday you get the chance to take a portion of a $100,000 prizefund.

Belmo had full intentions of bowling intially, he wouldnt have put his name down otherwise. He withdrew close towards the commencement of the event because he wanted to be close to his pregnant wife who was due with their first child. It was a last minute decision, it looked like at the time she would drop early so he made the call. I never heard any feedback from any bowlers stating they were dissappointed he didnt show.

The Belmo incident was an example of when the only "big name bowler" in the tournament didn't show. People DID go to bowl with/against him and to watch him and some of them WERE disappointed.

You still haven't substantiated the rumours so at this stage they are still rumours. If you know these people so well then get them to log into TB and a simple post "I am planning to be there" or something. You wont give out their names so let them do it.

If they can't turn up for whatever reason then so be it but anyone could come on here and post "there might be some big names coming for the money".

Given he won't be bowling in the event, it would be nice to know the reason as to why. His reason could be a common reason and highlights an area for this sport to improve!

The reason is a simple one and makes sense to me....he's a 170 average bowler who to my knowledge hasn't ever bowled any ranking tournaments.
I have no idea why he ever mentioned that he wouldn't be bowling this one...in fact..I'd be willing to pay for his TBA silver membership on the proviso that he bowls the 2010 Australian Masters

Best everyone just stops responding to him. You're only encourageing him. He's not about to make any concessions to reasonableness. He's just in automatic, full on defence mode. A lot like some people I continue to have thrust at me on TV. I think they're called 'politicians'.

The event now has two ( not one ) major things going for it. The first being those people likely to bowl in it, and the second being those people promising to stay away.

Back
Top Bottom