BELMO AND BOWLING GO ‘TOTALLY WILD’

elsie

BELMO AND BOWLING GO ‘TOTALLY WILD’

Australia’s high-profile ambassador for bowling, Jason Belmonte, will feature in Network Ten’s TOTALLY WILD program going to air nationally in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth at 4pm on Wednesday, 26 March.

24 year-old Belmonte, whose characteristic two-handed bowling style is often referred to as a ‘footy pass’ returned to his home city of Orange recently following a successful trip to the United States, and another major title – the Las Vegas MINI-ELIMINATOR Amateur Only Classic – to his credit.

Belmonte is renowned worldwide for his bowling skill and engaging personality and is gaining an increasing media profile – he is equally relaxed on camera on the lanes or in the commentary booth off-screen and his popularity nationally and internationally is opening some exciting doors for Belmonte. He has been invited by the USBC to act as an international spokesperson for the sport and his regular “On Tour with Belmo” features in Asia’s most respected bowling publication, ‘Asian Bowling Digest’, are eagerly read by a growing army of fans who enjoy his stories of the thrills and spills, exotic destinations and exciting competition that bowling offers.

Constantly on the move, Belmo is back in Europe this week to compete in one of the Majors of the European Bowling Tour, the Brunswick Euro Challenge, being staged at the 28-lane Plaza Bowling Centre in Saint Maximin, France. Belmonte won the Euro Challenge, which is regarded as the biggest tournament on the EBF Tour, in Thessalonica, Greece in 2006 and spoke enthusiastically about the challenge of a different venue this year.

“It will be kind of cool, a completely different ball-game and totally different experience bowling the Euro Challenge in France … it’s really going to be fun” he told reporters as he boarded his flight for Paris. “It has a challenging oil pattern, not to mention a cut-throat format,” he continued…. “First it's 6 games qualifying with re-entries, then the top 16 get one bye into the finals….from there it’s best of three matches - anything can happen and usually does!”, he added.

In his second qualifying squad, Belmo rolled a 279 in the fifth game, to finish with a 1398 6-game series, and briefly held top-placing in the qualifying rounds, only to be overtaken in the following squad by Sweden’s Martin Larsen on 1448. The pair has maintained its #1/#2 standing going into the final day of qualifying in this prestigious tournament that has attracted almost 400 bowlers from 37 countries.

Larsen and Belmonte have retained the lead, despite spirited onslaughts by PBA champions Mike Fagan and Sean Rash, who are currently in third and fourth with 1390 and 1383 respectively. US bowler, Missy Bellinder, is the top-ranked woman with 1348.

ends

For further information, please contact Lynne Clay on Mobile 0419 444 280 or via email [email protected]

Excellent!
Thanks Lynne for keeping us informed.
EVERYONE! Please put Totally Wild in your diary for the 26th of March.
This will be something special.

That sounds great. Good on u Belmo to get the word out there that
bowling is a real sport and that it is more technical then most sports.

You know I was flicking the TV stations the other day and I got it to channel 9 and the children's show the shak had a piece on bowling. I only saw the end of it but it was Maxine Nable showing everyone how to bowl. Kinda cool to see bowling get some media attention

Justin, Good to hear about channel 9 taking an interest. It's about time that Tenpin started to get recognized again in this country. Since we started the Tenpin Show nearly a year ago, I have noticed a big increase in the quantity of overseas bowling tournaments on Fox... and ESP..shown in Australia.
Will admit that they get repeated like crazy, but in our case its a good thing.
Now with Jason on Totally Wild, and your posting re channel 9, perhaps the day that a well know celb declared on national TV that "Tenpin is not a sport", are well and truly behind us and we can now move on.:coolthumb:

great great great great great!!!
I not want miss out it !! so myself must watching Jason Belmonte's special program.

Last time, Myself did watched Jason did showed his bowling style in bit explained to some deaf people watched him at Orange tenpin bowl in 2004 when Jason bowled in while time.

Deaf Lefty

Back
Top Bottom