Battle of the Borders at Garden City Lanes

Battle Of The Borders Winners

Well what a week-end the battle has been fought and won.
NSW were the overall shield winners ave per player of 179.8 and QLD ave per player was 177.6 .Congratulations to NSW but don't get to attached to the shield because we will be there next year to try and bring it back home. The prize money was the most sort after thing on the week-end and there was a lot of happy faces.The top 4 team consisted of 2 QLD teams and 2 NSW team who played of in the Bakers step ladder once again NSW came out on top taking 1ST place.

1st The Hunters [NSW]
2nd Krissy's Juveniles [QLD]
3rd Gryffindor [NSW]
4th Krystal and the Kings [QLD]
Congrats to all.

All Star Teams
Boys
Dean Judd [NSW] 216
Matt Dempsy [NSW] 206
Nathan Brown [NSW] 202
Jay Bryson [NSW]206
Joel Marshall [QLD] 201
Nick Santy [QLD] 184

Girls
Krystal King [QLD] 206
Hayley Donnelly [QLD] 200
Jessica Lawrence [NSW] 189
Samantha Jones [NSW] 171
Belinda McKay [NSW] 171
Kelly Norton [QLD] 170

Sports Awards for the weekend voted by the players went to Kim Haining of Qld and Dean Judd of NSW, each recieving a track shirt each. Also donated by Track was a Track Money that was awarded to the player most over their entering average and that was Jay Bryson averaging a very nice 206. Also presented this weekend which was a management sports award (voted by the management) which went to Ben Taylor from his performance and attitude over the weekend.

Overall it was a great weekend and i wish to congratulate all of the juniors on a wonderful performance in both scoring and attitude, it was fabulous to see. Thanks to Track for the support they gave and to all the other sponsors for the weekend. And lastly thanks to Zane, the staff at the bowl both control, cafe and backend and also to the tournament comittee for the help they gave it was greatly appreciated effort by all.

Thanks
Cindy

i would personally like to thank everyone taht made this tournament so good, and all of the people taht made it go so smooth, and to the cindy donnely that was one heck of a good job u did every moring this lady was up doing her best to make the tournament so good, just liek to congratulate nsw on there performance, and qld lets bring it home next year.

Hey hey its saturday :D ....not really. but hello and i just wanted to thank everyone who made the tournament what it was........ a tournament lol....ooo tough crowed. but yea it was a fantastic day and we all bowled well except for potter lol even though he topped all stars. but a big thanks to zane and cindy for all there efforts and the rest of the tournament committe.

thanks and good bye.. WAFE :!: :!: :!:

this tournament was really good, and has potential to be a really popular tounament! and it was one of the first tounaments the ran on tiem NO WAIT BEFORE TIME:O! it was awesome, congrats to NSW! and thank you to the bowlers and to the people that made this tournament smooth!!!

see you all soon!

thanks wafe ........... it was a great weekend and the lanes were grate and thanks to zane and cindy for this grate tournie.......... and ill tri to bowl betta next time wafe :D

Battle Of The Borders

Hi Guys,
I would like to make an apology to Cassie Fagg she was named the 4th place bowler for our All Star team when actually Cassie finished in 3rd place .There was a error made when transfering the scores across to my all star sheet, we put a game in for Jessica Lawrence that was higher then it was. I would also like to apologise to Jessica. Cassie finished with a 189 ave. Once again i would like to say sorry and Cassie i owe you a Handtowel and a Certificate.
Thanks Cindy.

I would also like to say what an excellent weekend it was also. Everything ran so smoothly, thanks to all the staff and management at Garden City Lanes and Track Bowling for the ball also, lanes were excellent too with alot of high games. Definately be there next year cause i havent aged out yet... :D

I also would like to thank Cindy and Zane for the weekend it was a great way to make the long process of 5 man teams fun.
I was very happy with the condition after averaging 201.9 and only missing out on all stars by 9 pins after my shocking last game (148) :)
Oh well better luck next time eh...
Hope the tournament is bigger and better next year...

Back
Top Bottom