Battle Of The Border 2005

cindyd

cindyd
Hi Guys,
It's Cindy Donnelly from Garden City Lanes Toowoomba , Battle of the Border will be held on the last week-end in September 24th-25th.So it's time to start organising our teams they will be made up of 5 bowlers male or female. You can put your own team to-gether or we can place you into a team. Any questions you have you can contact me on here or on the bowl number 07 46329755 or my mobile 0439 759645. Go QLD we need to bring our shield back to where it belongs.
Thanks Cindy.

Hey its a shame that North queensland bowlers cant take part in this as it the NQ Championships that weekend and its a must go to if you want to bowl president shield the following year.

Cheers Scott NQ

Hi Guys i have been waiting to hear from NSW about 2005 Battle of the Border we won't be able to hold on the weekend in September as NSW has there Roll offs for 2006 Shield so we have decided to hold it in November on the 19th-20th. I don't know when they will be having roll offs here in QLD but i'm sure someone will let me know if it clashes.
There will be 5 man teams no reserves that way everyone bowls and the average cut will be 890 per team don't forget the idea is to involve some off our lower average bowlers. Once again if you can't get a team let me know and we will help put you in one. The cost should be the same as last year depending on the cost of the shirts. Iwill be doing up some flyers for it and taken them with me to Nationals so if need any info just ask.
I would like anyone who has an idea about what we should have on our shirts and the colour to please let me know.
It will be held at Garden City Lanes again this year.
You can contact me there on 07 46329755 or my mobile 0439 759645 or Email [email protected] or here on Total Bowling.

ah im pretty sure on the 19th-20th of November, NQ has their president shield roll offs......................................................

In reply to Ubby the Battle of the Borders is for all QLD junior bowlers and if someone from North QLD can let me know if that is the date off there roll offs
we will go a week either side of it if possible.
Thanks Cindy Donnelly.

Hi Guys,
I have heard from Margaret Judd from NSW and they are happy with the date 19th-20th November so that is what we will go with.
Average cap per team of 5 is 890. Cost will be the same $150 per bowler so the prize money will be the same . I have not got prices on shirts yet but as soon as i do i will let you know so once again if you have any suggestions on designs let me know. Also if there is any bowlers who can't get a team let me know and we will help put you in one.
Thanks Cindy Donnelly
Garden City Lanes. Toowoomba.

im assuming its at garden city lanes again this year?

and could i ask what first second and third get for a team?

i was just wondering if u realised that, that weekend is the first weekend of schoolies. And that might have a bit of effect on numbers.
just letting u no

Hi Guys,
Yes Krystal it is on at Garden City Lanes and thanks for letting me know about schoolies Krissy. Before we look at changing the date is there anyone out there who wanted to bowl but won't be because of schoolies and would it make much difference if we make it a week earlier.
I've had one inquiry from a bowler who would like to go into a team so if there is anyone looking for a girl to bowl with them let me know and i will get her average for you.
Thanks Cindy Donnelly.

Hi Cindy Just letting you know the Bne area championships are at Greenslopes 5/6 12/13 and 19/20 November.

After trying numerous dates and all of them unable to suit everyone we have now decided to place Battle of The Border for 2005 onto the dates of 29th & 30th October.

As far as we are aware there are only Adult Nationals on this weekend so it shouldnt conflict with any other major tournament or event.

Thanks for all your help so far in regards to information of dates.
Cindy Donnelly

cindy,
thank you for all the effort you are putting in to make this tournament happen for us jnrs

Hi all,
If any one from NSW is interested in joining us in this tournament (no matter what your average is) please put a post here & I will get in touch. We are the defending champions and this tournament is a lot of fun!!!

Margaret Judd (alias mother potter)

HI Guys,
We seem to not be having much luck setting the date for our 2005 Battle of the Borders the last date we settled on is smack in the middle of NSW exams and since they are traveling up here they can't afford to have time of school so will have to go back to the 19th -20th Nov . I know Krissy said it is the first week-end of schoolies but there is no other date so we will go with that and see what happens.
Had a few people say they are getting there teams organized which is good .Just let me know when your ready and we will get names and organize shirts etc.
Hope this will be the last change of date .
Thanks Cindy Donnelly.

Sorry Guys ,
That date should have been the 26th-27th Nov just as well you are all on top of it .
Hopefully this date suits
Thanks Cindy.

Sorry Cindy,
26th & 27th November are no good for NSW bowlers - that is the weekend of round 2 of the NSW Youth Tour??
Margaret Judd

Well Guys this is it last possible date for 2005 Battle of the Borders it will be held on the 10th-11th Dec which is the first weekend of the school holidays in QLD and 2 weeks before NSW schools break up for Christmas. Margaret Judd and myself have been emailing back and forwards the last couple of days to get this date .
Thanks Cindy

The hardest part is setting the date....Brunswick Cup in Canberra on the latest date, ranked and probably the best attended youth tournament in NSW. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom