Battle of the Borders at Garden City Lanes

G

gardencitylanes

Hi all,

Well things are looking good from the Queensland point of view as far as full teams go. It looks like we may even have one reserve. How ever NSW may fall a few players short so that is why we had to drop the teams from 6 back to 5. It is possibly better any way that way there is no whinging about the number of games bowled as now everyone will bowl the whole 11 games.

So if anyone wants to draft into NSW if you heart lies over the border than that is a possibility. We need to know soon so we can organise your shirts and so forth.

This will be a great event with a lot of effort going in to organising a smooth and exciting tournament.

Also there is some money up for 300's and it will be $200 to the first boy and first girl and if not 300 than $2 less for every pin off 300 if those games are the highest of the weekend.

Any way that is all for now and if you have any queries about the tournament contact the tournament dirctor Mrs Cindy Donnelly on 0439 759 645 and she will have all the information you need about team placements and the like.

Go Queensland.

Zane Que
Manager.
Garden City Lanes.

I thought id just add this.
A lot of nsw people cant bowl in this due to nsw youth roll offs on the same weekend.I pulled out of the roll offs to bowl in this event but it doesnt worrie me because I can do youth next year. :(

We love new We love new south We love new south wales. :D :D :D :p

Hey everyone,

Just like to say i'm glad to see Queenslands teams are full.. Mum said she will post the teams as soon as theyre all certain, just checking on a couple of people.

I just thought i would post the prize money and extra awards that will be given out throughout the duration of the weekend..

Firstly an overall shield will be given to the winning state after the 11 games of matchplay, a medallion will also be given to each individual bowler who represented that state. The top 4 placing teams then go through to play a stepladder final for the prize money which is as follows:

1st - $2500 per team = $500 each player
2nd- $1750 per team = $350 each player
3rd- $1250 per team = $250 each player
4th - $750 per team = $150 each player

Other awards up for grabs include $200 for first boy and girl 300, if the 300 doesnt get thrown throughout the weekend highest game for both girl and boy will then recieve the prize with a $2 deduction for each pin under 300.

Boy and girl awards of $25 each will be given to the high game on each pair of lanes. Also the 3 highest averaged boys and 3 highest average girls with an entering average over 170 and the 3 highest averaged boys and 3 highest averaged girls with entering averages under 170 will be named as the tournaments all star team. This was done so that the younger bowlers in the tournament have another goal to aim for...

Last but not least a sportsman and a sportsperson award voted by the players will also too be named, each recieving an award..

I think this is a going to be a great tournament and can't wait to bowl..

Thanks
Hayley D

Hey everyone,

Just like to say i'm glad to see Queenslands teams are full.. Mum said she will post the teams as soon as theyre all certain, just checking on a couple of people.

I just thought i would post the prize money and extra awards that will be given out throughout the duration of the weekend..

Firstly an overall shield will be given to the winning state after the 11 games of matchplay, a medallion will also be given to each individual bowler who represented that state. The top 4 placing teams then go through to play a stepladder final for the prize money which is as follows:

1st - $2500 per team = $500 each player
2nd- $1750 per team = $350 each player
3rd- $1250 per team = $250 each player
4th - $750 per team = $150 each player

Other awards up for grabs include $200 for first boy and girl 300, if the 300 doesnt get thrown throughout the weekend highest game for both girl and boy will then recieve the prize with a $2 deduction for each pin under 300.

Boy and girl awards of $25 each will be given to the high game on each pair of lanes. Also the 3 highest averaged boys and 3 highest average girls with an entering average over 170 and the 3 highest averaged boys and 3 highest averaged girls with entering averages under 170 will be named as the tournaments all star team. This was done so that the younger bowlers in the tournament have another goal to aim for...

Last but not least a sportsman and a sportsperson award voted by the players will also too be named, each recieving an award..

I think this is a going to be a great tournament and can't wait to bowl..

Thanks
Hayley D

Battle Of The Borders

Hi Guys;
Got the teams list here i have been in contact with everyone shirts have been ordered so we are responsible for the cost of them now.

Team 1
Hayley Donnelly
Ian Phelan
Dan Muckert
Ben Donnelly
Joel Marshall

Team 2
Bianca Flanagan
Kimberly Haining
Mitchell Haining
Michael Hipwell
Cory Williams

Team 3
Krissy Lerner
Phillip Fagg
Adam Grandison
Christian Kereszteny (Alphabet)
Toby Henderson

Team 4
Kyrstal King
Wade Goddard
Luke Green
Nick Aiton
Bradley Kleidon

Team 5
Troy Brudenell
Nick Santy
Kelly Norton
Jessica Briers
Natalie Briers

Team 6
Kirsten McKell
Bart Jeffery
Ben Taylor
James Sommerfield
Eric Clark

OK Guys thats it don't forget to think of some team names please and keep it clean.
Don't forget if there is anyone interested in bowling for NSW please let me know.
Thanks Cindy Donnelly.

Team 3 is going to win (just so everyone knows) 8)
I will get onto thinking of a team name

Hey everyone, :D

Just one more thing in regards to battle of the borders and that is team names.. Rather than being boring old team 1 team 2 etc.. we thought names would be pretty cool.. As long as its kept at least a bit clean..

We just need to know a.s.a.p cause Zane needs to put all the info into the computer to work out lane draws and the other tournament stuff.. So if u could just let us know either on here or contact me or mum.. It'll be appreciated..

Thanks for that!
Hayley

Battle Of The Borders

Hi Guys Cindy Donnelly here heard from Nsw today the can only fill 5 of there 6 teams so they said Qld can put in another team to make up the numbers and this way the prize money does not have to change so if there is anyone out there who would like to bowl can you get in touch with me on here or by email [email protected] or phone mobile 0439 759645 that would be great .Not long to go till the tournie so if your thinking about it let me know because shirts need to be ordered .Don't forget those who are already in a team don't forget about team names.
Thanks Cindy.

Phil,

BOTB is on 25th & 26th September - 3 weeks from today (Saturday 4th).

See you all there!

Kehan

argh i would of loved to bowl this but its my future brother in law's bucks night on the saturday night :twisted:

and i also have to work the saturday and wouldnt of been able to swap shifts anyway :(

i'll keep it in mind for next time though!

Battle Of The Borders

Hi Guys,
Not long the the tournament now just over 2 weeks,can't wait started putting some signs and stuff around the center it has got everybody interested.They can't wait to watch our juniors do battle. Still chasing 5 bowlers though to make up the teams so if you have any ideas please let me know. i haven't got many team names yet come on guys can't be that hard . One other thing dress code is skirt or dress shorts for girls and shorts or trousers for boys no jeans or daggy cloths please.
Thats all for now,
Cindy Donnelly.

Hey Everyone..

Not long till the tournie now :) so cant wait.. and definately looking forward to the go karting too.. :D Anyways, in regards to the tournie we really need 5 more bowlers to fill another team due to some late problems.. if you know of anyone or are interested urself just let us know please.. Its really important we fill these spaces!!

Thanks heaps
Hayley D

Hey,
Majority of people from queensland and a few nsw guys are coming.. we're going on saturday night up here, it should be fun. :D

And yeh ur welcome aswell!!

See you all soon
Hayley

I would just like to put out a call to all NSW bowlers - come on guys & girls - I know Penrith is on this weekend but there must be SOME of you out there who aren't bowling ??? I am really looking foward to bowling in this one BUT we have bowlers dropping out - changing their minds & getting sick & we NEED bowlers !!!! If you can bowl send me an email & I will put your name down !!??? Lots of money up for grabs & it will be a fun weekend!!!

Only 5 more days till the comp starts!! So can't wait for it.. Seems as though even though theres been trouble its still going ahead! Looking forward to it all! We've organised a bit of tv coverage for the competition to bring in some local spectators and still are working on the newspaper people.. Since no one ended up puting in names for the teams, Zane had the fun job of making some up, some are quite a laugh.. Look forward to the bowling and also the go karts on Saturday nite!

Speak to you all soon
Take care

Battle Of The Borders Garden City Lanes

Hi Guys,
Well 2 days to go can't wait.We are all ready to go but we are still needing 1 more bowler for Qld had a late withdrawl to-night average can be anywhere up to 200.So i'm hoping there is a junior out there somewhere who would like to bowl and get a share of some great prize money. Track said they would send something today that we could use for Sports awards and something for a encouragement award.
Team names Zane had a ball thinking of these so if there is any complaints about them please let Zane know.
We have The Coasters.
Krissys Juveniles.
Krystal and the Kings.
Coast and Country.
It's a Big Deal.
Hayleys Comets.
I did ask you to pick your own .Okay Bye For Now Cindy.

Back
Top Bottom