Ann-Maree Putney receives ultimate accolade

GBS

More than a newbie
Hall of Fame – The Proudest Tenpin Moment

Ann-Maree Putney receives ultimate accolade

Lake Macquarie tenpin sports star Ann-Maree Putney has been honored by an announcement today that she is to be inducted into the international World Tenpin Hall of Fame.

Conducted by the World Bowling Writers Association, Chicago - based representative Keith Hale said that Putney received 90% of this year’s vote which was a near record.

Twenty five years devotion to bowling, two (2) World Championships and three (3) Commonwealth Championship GOLD medals Putney was thrilled with the news. “I am amazed that they would select me, I just can’t believe it.” Putney said to her long time coach and good friend Geoff Bowness.

Putney’s career haul of eight (8) GOLD, ten (10) SILVER and nine (9) BRONZE medals at world level is seen as a truly remarkable result and is of iconic proportions.

In 1999 Putney’s career changed forever when crowned World FIQ Tenpin Masters Champion in Abu Dhabi.

As 2002, 2005 and 2006 arrived Putney challenged the world as she collected three (3) straight GOLD medals at the Commonwealth Championships. This would prove to be an excellent hunting ground across Scotland, Cyprus and Australia as Putney bagged further six (6) SILVER and six (6) BRONZE medals.

One of her greatest thrills came in 2007 when Putney won the QubicaAMF Bowling World Cup in St Petersburg, Russia. Then in 2008 Putney came within a whisker of winning back to back World Cups in Hermosillo, Mexico with an outstanding second placed finish.

The Women’s World Championships with 100 countries competing and the Asian Zone Championships have also proven to be a place for winning.

I once asked Putney what she considered to be her stand out awards “off the lanes”. The reply came with a knot in her throat, “Definitely the Lake Macquarie Sportsperson Award in 2000 and the Prime Ministers Letter of Congratulations from year’s ago.” she replied.

A perfect answer for an Australian elite athlete who has been a part of the Australian Women’s Team every year since 1991, has thirty nine (39) top five finishes at world competition level and seventy one (71) career victories. Putney’s ongoing support from Brunswick Australia and Ron Bickerstaff allows her to perform to her best ability with world class bowling equipment.

Putney will be awarded the 2008 Hall of Fame plaque at the Lake Macquarie Sports Awards, February 7th at the Belmont 16’ Sailing Club by World Bowling Writers Asian Zone Vice President, Lynne Clay.

With twelve years still to go before becoming a senior competitor, Putney was asked about retirement and the future.

Her answer was a swift as she knocks down tenpins “Retirement - Not anytime soon.” was her smiling response.

Putney signed off with “I thought winning at world level for Australia was the pinnacle of success, but this is just a whole new experience. I am humbled.”

Geoff Bowness

One very proud coach and ball driller

Congratulations to Ann-Maree and congratulations to proud coach/driller Geoff!

I bet you can't get the smile off mum and dad's face with plastic surgery right now... :)

Congrats Ann Maree what a brilliant award for such an amazing lady and Bowler , totally deserved

Now that is just brilliant, a great honour for such a great person both on and off the lanes.

Congratulations on this wonderful achievement. I always say that in the sport of tenpin bowling it is great to win at the game you play but the ultimate accolade is to recieve awards of this magnitude.

You deserve this and i for one am very proud of you.

Once again congratulations

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

'Simply the Best' - so happy to see you get the rewards you deserve ..... now, bring on the money !!!!

Flower

Another wonderful respresentative from this great nation making a very significant mark on the world stage. This is fantastic news.

Congratulations AMP.

Well done AMP....:D:D:D

I could only wish to have those achievements under my belt.

Dave K

Ann-Maree,

You are an amazing bowler, an even better person and one of this countries finest ambassadors at local, national and international levels.

You are deserving of every accolade that comes your way, and the Hall of Fame is appropriate recognition for your years of dedication, sacrifice and success.

Hugest Congratulations!!

Cheers

Steve Hunt :D

Simply...... no one more desreving of this great accolade

Congrats AMP!!!!!!!

Cheers
Colin Hunt

Congratulations,Congratulations, Congratulations,
Exceptional Award for an Exceptional Person and Competitor.
Well deserved.
Regards
Animal

Congratulations Ann Maree
Well deserved for a true sports person both on and off the lanes
Well done!!!

Congratulations Ann Maree & Geoff on a history of fine achievements and to have success with this International Award is awesome news.

cheers
Christian

Congratulations Ann Maree on your fine achievement, we know you are a champion and world recognition for your achievements so far is well deserved.
June Voukolos

Ann-Maree OMG
I can't think of a more deserving person to receive such an amazing accolade You are a fantastic ambassador to a sport which unfortunately doesn't receive the recognition that other sports receive.Your happy go lucky dispostion and true dedecation has made you what you are today a Hall of Famer recognised by people all over the world,just truly amazing we are all so proud of you, whats next on the agenda maybe an OAM
Well done love you heaps
Kerri & Gary xxx

Congratulations Ann-Maree on your well earned place in the World Tenpin Hall of Fame! You go girl... :)

Back
Top Bottom