An idea for fair Tournament bowling

mattr

Ok here goes

after talking with christian purdue about alot of issues tournament bowling has in Australia, we both came up with a few good ideas.

Lane conditions are a big issue in bowling. I believe that now a kegal is going to be used in all supersix tournaments, the lane condition that is going to be used can be published on the either Total Bowling or TBAs website before the tournament. This is how the PBA are doing it. They have the lanes condtion that is going to be used in every tournament up until the end of next season. My question is can we do this. Also make it a different condition every tournament. For example SA cup can be a top hat condition, QLD cup and be a Short patterm, SPC can be the same pattern used in the World cup, and so on. Why not make full use of the kegal and i think it would make things alot better for everyone knowing what condition is down.

Also formats need to be looked at. I think that have 1 or maybe 2 tournaments a year with the corrent long format,. Why dont we break itup a bit and have short formats as Belmo and Frawls have mentioned in another post.

I thnk that mixing it up a bit would make for more excitm,ent at tournaments. this is just my thoughts

Cheers

You make some very good points mattr. Me concern about the conditions and letting bowlers know what they are going to be before each tournament is this........

Unlike the PBA we do not compete for the same amount of prize money nor do we have the same amount of "Professionalism" in the sport here in Australia. Therefor where the Pros in the PBA either have to or select to bowl in every event to make a living and what not, bowlers in Australia do not. Letting bowlers know the condition in advance here in Aust. only allows bowlers to "Pick and Choose" the tournaments and conditions that suit them best. Therefor maybe, and I just think "maybe" this could make numbers at these events decline.

But this is just one persons opinion. Interested to see what others think.

Back
Top Bottom