An idea!

BELMO

Hey all,

Everyday somewhere around the world people are complaining that the lanes are getting to easy and the balls we are using are getting to powerful and its making the sport too easy.

Now me personally, i dont think the game is easy by any means, yes, scores have gone up but the fact of the matter is even though scores are going up noone has yet to average 300 for a tournament, so noone has acheived a perfect tournament.....records are meant to be broken for high game awards high averages and what not....and like everything technology is helping (or taking over) in all sports not just bowling.

Well here is an idea.

Over the past 50 years all the offence in the game has changed from new lane surfaces to new balls even the oil on the lane can make it easier for the bowler.....but the defence (the pins) have yet to be touched in weight (on a world scale)....people say thats unfair to the bowler who doesn't have a powerful shot??? well you tell a golfer just cause he is bigger to stop hitting the ball further than someone whose smaller...
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses in their game.... so if ur shot isnt as strong...you better make it more accurate.

The kegal machines are great...they allow not just easy shots to be laid but also extremly HARD ones too...trust me ive been aorund world and seen them...... so i disagree to Wayne Chester who said in another post Kegals are there only to lay down easy shots.

Thats my idea.....make the offence as easy as u want but at the same time change the deffence and i bet the scores will drop and maybe that will please some of the bowlers around the world!

Cheers

BOOTY CALL

Belmo,

Sounds like a top idea, Lets face it ball companys are never going to turn back the clock and start brining out urethrane balls and plastic balls as there next big thing..it just aint going to happen.

As for the Kegal statement i also too know that they just dont out down blocks everytime i have bowled overseas on a kegal it aint easy. Hey ask people who bowled Australian Open last year how easy they were ??

You hit the nail on the head with the golfer example. But i dont really think bowling comes down to the size of people anyway. I mean i am probably one of the smallest guys bowling :) and i can throw a scout every now and then (on a good day) it all comes down to technique, a persons size dont neccessary limit there power, give a dwarf the right timing and leverage and he will throw revs. Try telling Norm Duke his size restricts him :)

i dont think anything needs to be done, you cant win either way if the scores are high people whinge if the scores are low people whinge.

But as you said the only way to hold off the offence is to increase the defence. Make the pins heavy scores will drop.

Belmo...I think you should brush up on your reading skills mate. I NEVER said that. In fact, I love the Kegel machine.. The guys who use it ONLY to make their lanes super easy are the people I have a quarrel with.

I'm catching enough flack on here without you bagging me too.

WChester wrote
Why does everyone think that the Kegel oiling machine is good for bowling? It's great for inflated scoring for sure but that's not taking the best interest of our sport to heart...I defy anyone in Australia who uses a Kegel machine, to tell me that they have not used it to raise the scoring level at their centre.
Belmos readings skills are pretty sharp I'd say.
:) :) :) :) :)

Not jumping to Wayne's defence here, but the way I read it is that when people have control of a Kegel machine, they decide to put out an easier condition for higher scores.

My opinion:

Stick some honest wood up and helicopter bowling would be extinct overnight.

agree/disagree?

Adjust the weight on pins and then you get a whole new problem happening. might be good for the pin manufacturers but pretty much most bowling centre owners would have a heart attack at the thought of being made to purchase new pins, not to mention the associated machine problems that added weight would cause.

Scott

Part of the answer is for governing bodies to place restrictions on weight blocks and cover stocks.
Golf is experiencing similar problems with club technology now starting to make hackers drive as far as the leading pros.
If Golf can take a stand surely we can?

Roll with the ball technology, after all...we should all have some kind of access to the new technology. However, some of the prices are just insane for balls. Disregarding that, it puts everyone on the same playing field if everyone has these new balls.

I think the answer is the lane conditions, not the balls. Also, I don't think that the lane surface will make all that much difference...i mean i for one would rather have wooden lanes...but it doesn't give me an advantage either way.

Back
Top Bottom