AMF Staff Members (Sick Of Hearing About Them)!!

GUS

Well, after arriving back from my holidays overseas for a week, I find attitudes have not changed from the bowlers in hobart about AMF staff and them not caring. Firstly, seeing everyone puts us all in the one basket and thinks that we are all the same, well I have some news for you. WE ARE NOT!! Some of us actually do care about bowling and not just the bottom dollar! The thing is that we, as AMF Staff, are only as good as the tools we are provided with! But yes, there is some of us that choose to use those tools more wisely and accept some responsibilty for their actions, while others just dismiss it and say its nothing to do with them. Well I can't control how the others wish to take their job, I can only control ME! and mine is pretty obvious!
I will use for an example for you:
When the Bowlers in Hobart had the meeting with the Regional Manager about various issues, it was brought up "WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO TRAVEL 200KMS TO GET A PROFESSIONAL BALL DRILLED??"(Please correct me if I am wrong.) Well if you don't already know AS OF JUNE 23rd, I WILL BE IN THE CENTRE TO DRILL BOWLING BALLS 1 SUNDAY EVERY MONTH(usually the last.) This will last for 6 months as a trial period and then be re-evaluated accordingly. AMF are paying ME to come to YOUR CENTRE to help YOU!! I will be in the centre from 9.30am until around 6.30pm and bookings can be made with Macka. He also has a guideline of dates for the next 6 months. These could change but hopefully not too much.

Now I am going to explain to you how we came this arrangement. Greg spoke to me regarding the bowlers concerns that they didn't have enough confidence in Allan as a competent ball driller. His initial idea was that I come down there once every 3 months give Allan training and drill balls for bowlers. I felt that once every 3 months wasn't enough so we agreed on once a month, and really that isn't enough but its all I could fit in. So by the time I am finished Allan will be competent enough to drill "hi-tech" balls and I will always be only a phone call away. IF BOWLERS ALSO WANT HELP/ADVICE WITH THEIR BOWLING I will be there to help and ask Macka if you can book in a time-slot for that too.(SOMETHING FOR JAAYSON TO LOOK INTO RE:COACHING SESSIONS FOR BOWLERS)

Now, all this should not be seen as ME doing this but AMF doing this for YOU, THE BOWLERS. WE, as AMF and myself, ARE NOT DOING THIS FOR OUR OWN BENEFIT!

I will make this straight to the point. IF THE BIATCHING ABOUT AMF STAFF DOESN'T STOP, I WON'T BOTHER WASTING MY TIME!!

i love you gus
icon_biggrin.gif

loco

Thank you Gus, we all appreciate it. And a big thank you to the Techs and David Mouser for installing the new computer scoring which should be finished by Friday, even during the school holiday period.

We, as bowlers appreciate the efforts made lately to try and improve Moonah. Yes, some people have noticed a BIG change in some of the staffs attitudes, and that DOES help. Let's just hope it continues.

ADAM!!! whats with all the S*cking ups and I love yous???

Love KAZZA
icon_biggrin.gif

i will be breif,
thank you gus but mor importantly thank you amf staff, i cant actually complain about them sure i dont get along well with everyone out there but they all still make an effort to provide us with a good service, and yes i totally agree with you gus they can only do so much with what they have. a big thank you to everyone out there, and those who have put in the hard time to make the centre improve a bit more too. also thank you to greg issacs for all his help so far, and to the management as well.

Well i would just like to say things are looking up! We know have a new scoring system, lanes that have some oil and some one to drill balls. It just goes to show that if you make enough bad comments about the place things will eventually change.Hayden no offence to you and i am only asking a question but wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to maybe employ Andrew to either drill balls or teach alan.(if of course andrew was willing)

Hey every1

Paul, no offence to Androo, but I think Hayden is by far the superior ball driller with alot more experience (and I may be wrong but I'm sure Androo would be more than willing to admit this). Of course you are right - it would be cheaper, however all you guys have complained (and so you should) about service down there of late. AMF have finally started to listen and are trying to change things - maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they have realised they need to address the 'ball drilling' problem and have simply approached the best ball driller in the state to teach the 'willing student' how it is all done!

Just my thoughts.

Later!!!

I totslly agree with you Scooter. Even though I do know a fair amount about drilling, equipment, ect ect, I have had NO TRAINING!! When I enquired about the possibility of getting some formal training, I got laughed at. When I asked if Hayden could possibly come down to show me some things while I was at Moonah, The response i got from management was.....

And I quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote
GET FU@#ED...How the hell can we afford that?????

So basically, I had to teach myself. Nobody showed me anything. Considering this, I think I did a pretty good job, which 95% of bowlers at Moonah will attest. I am all for Alan getting the training needed to provide a quality service, which at the moment, we are seriously lacking. And you are correct, that Hayden is one of, if not the best driller in the State. Aside from myself, he is the only one I will let work on my gear.

Kudos goes to AMF for finally getting off their arse, and doing something about this problem.

well i will agree with androo here on the fact that he is a great ball driller he did my equipment fine for me when ever he drilled them and my brother will back me up on that too, now i am not saying alan is a bad driller, he is good at what he does but the only thing i meant by"now we have some one who can drill balls" is the fact that alan doesnt really know much about the technology these days, which is understandable cause it keeps changing so much, i personally have no problem with what amf is doing with hayden coming down to teach alan, but i will agree with paul that it could be better if androo was back in their only for the fact that he knows what new equipment suits people when they are looking for a ball. the proof was there if you look at it, not taking a dig at anyone i am just posting my opinion, i know some people will disagree just dont bite my head off for having my opinion.

Care to share the reason AMF staff seem to be back in your good books there Androo??
icon_wink.gif
ROFL.

Anyways go Gus
icon_smile.gif
Nice to see the Moonah bowlers shouldn't be whinging anymore! And all of you should give AMF the credit they deserve for this move.

To Jayson,

I respect your opinion, and am just offering mine in return.

The way your post reads (to me) is that Hayden isn't capable of picking out new equipment to suit bowlers needs/styles etc. I would have to strongly disagree with this.

And anyway, I really don't think any particular ball suits any particular bowler any better than any others these days. HOWEVER, what is important is how you drill it.(ie: drill the ball to suit the bowlers strenghts or if requested by the bowler, drill the ball to do what he/she wants it to do!!!)

That's all from me .....
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K-C:
Care to share the reason AMF staff seem to be back in your good books there Androo??
icon_wink.gif
ROFL.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well to be perfectly honest, I think that you will find that I stated in a post in another thread saying that I will give credit where credit is due. Sure, I have said quite a few things about the areas that need work on, and don't get me wrong, there are still A LOT of areas that need to be addressed......HOWEVER....At least the staff there and at, well I guess Regional Office, have pulled there heads out of their arses, and are doing something about the areas that are desperately in need of assistance.

If you would like a list, I can provide one for you.
icon_wink.gif

I never thought I would actually say this, but:

THANK YOU AMF!!!!!

Happy??
icon_biggrin.gif

scooter, i know it looked like i meant that in my post and i never meant it to come out like that, i agree with you too that hayden definately knows what he is doing when it comes to drilling balls and picking them out for people, i just neglected to mention it in my earlier post.
my appologies to any one that got offended by the post and to gus.

I believe there has been strong improvement in many areas at Moonah in recent weeks.
The new scoring terminals look great, and the service has certainly improved a lot.
Macca's gesture of presenting me with a framed certificate for my 300 game the other week was certainly appreciated, in going out of his way to do this for me.
I think the lanes have been challenging but good at the same time - well I can't whinge about averaging 225 for the last 40 games on them.
Hayden George seems to think that it is only Southern Bowlers who are AMF-bashing.
This problem is not just endemnic to Southern Bowlers as I have clearly heard bowlers from the North and North-West doing exactly the same thing during tournament play at Moonah during recent events.
Not that I believe that there is anything wrong with that - after all I was not aware we were in Russia 1932 - where criticism was illegal.
It is a real pity that people had to jump up and down and make noises to get things done in the first place.
I bet if people had kept quiet nothing would have been done.
On the matter of ball-drilling, I couldn't give two shiits who drills the balls as long as they are done properly.
Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom