About format for Hobart Masters

D

DJ Luko

ok i realise that some or most people dont like this format for hobart masters?

why is that?

if you are worried about going out in the first round then that is unlucky. it is better to go out in the first round than play all day to get just out of the money in total pinfall format.

and if u think that u think there is not enough games for the money being payed then just come down and pay 9.90 for 3 games practice.

i dont bowl a tournament for the number of games.. i will be bowling to win and hopefully get automatic entry into the state masters.

the format WILL work if the bowlers support the tournament. if u havent yet tried this format which combines matchplay with elimination, then why dont u give it a go b4 dismissing it.

if anyone has any other comments or opinions leave them below and i will address them when i get the chance.

adam

also u could view the format like that of tennis.

each round consists of 3 games(best of three)
just like sets in a tennis match.
if u lose best of three you're out. if you win you progress to the next round just like the tennis.

adam

Lets use the tennis analogy that DJ has used for a minute.

Q. Does A Tennis Player NOT Enter A Tourney Beacause They THINK They Might Get Knocked Out In The First RND??.

A. Not Likely. They Enter The Tourney Because They Back Their OWN ABILITY Regardless Whether They Make 1 RND Or 8.

If you don't understand that the first time you read it, READ IT AGAIN and AGAIN..

If some ppl don't think that taking a punt on their own ability is worth it, then they have no confidence in their own ability.

If someone travels to a tourney, bowls 3 games qual and misses the cut, IS IT WORTH IT?? We all take that chance time and time again, so whats so different??

Hey guys
I don't know if I'll be bowling or not (depends on the arm) but again how much is the final and I heard a rumour that you have to pay more the further your get in the final - true????

Jessika
icon_cool.gif

PS. please don't bite my head off I'm just asking
icon_smile.gif

gus

i totally agree with you BUT, for us coasters it would cost anywhere form 50 to 100 bucks and really winnigna HTBA masters isnt worth that much........

and with tournaments coming up in QLD andMelb i need to save i havnt got a money tree

but if it wa 10 games matchplay maybe i would cause i think that aanyone can win if its double elimination

Well, I honestly couldn't care less what the bloody format is. In 2000, it was total pinfall, in 2001, it was double elimination, so why not keep the current trend and have a different bloody format this year.

At least we have the format already decided, and won't be a complete balls up like last year, when the format was decided on the morning of the final, during check in.

Good luck to all that are bowling. I'm sure this format might create some surprises. If you don't like the format, or don't have the confidence in yourself to make it past the first round, it's very simple....DON'T BOWL!!

ok thanx for the replies
icon_smile.gif

i have sent the adjusted formats and entrie costs up to launnie and brett r in devonport so its at the bowl now hopefully
icon_smile.gif

once again i state that it is different and i cannot twist your arms to bowl. in regards to the view why come down for 3 games i havent ever heard someone say that finished just out of the money - "well i didnt win anything but at least i got to bowl heaps of games" lol

ok official costs. i have tried to come up with the fairest cost for all entries...

if you go out early it will cost less.. fair enough?

ADULT LADIES: round 1 -8 entries pay $25
note:if u only bowl 2 games (which means someone wins 2 - nil) both bowlers will get a games cost refund of the games not bowled.
4 bowlers will then be eliminated and 4 will progress to the next round

those 4 bowlers will then pay an additional $15 each for the next round. two bowlers will then be eliminated and two will progress.

The remaining two bowlers will then pay an additional $10 each for the next round.

this format pays down to 4th
1st - $80
2nd - $58.90
3rd - $25
4th - $25

so if u make it past the first round you get some money back.

ADULT MENS
now the mens is quite the same except there will hopefully be 16 entries.

round1: 16 bowlers pay $25 ( 8 will exit)
round2: 8 bowlers pay an additional $12.50 each for the next round (4 will then exit)
round3: 4 bowlers pay an additional $12.50 each fot the next round (2 will then exit)
round4: 2 bowlers pay and aditional $15 each for the next round.

* the costs have been made to give the fairest cost for games bowled and to give the best prizemoney.

1st - $150
2nd - $75.50
3rd - $50
4th - $50

if you make it past the 2nd round you will cash and at least get your money back.

the junior fomats are the same as the adult female but prize money and cost changes slightly due to different game rate.

any more queries dont hesitate to ask.. or post
icon_biggrin.gif

cheers

luko

Androo... I personally wasn't complaining about the format so I hope your comments weren't aimed at me. I was just giving Adam some feedback on the talk I had heard up here about it all.

As for your advice to those that aren't happy, in "DON'T BOWL", well they're not going to! I think that's the problem here and Adam was trying to find out why! It's gunna be an exciting women's tournament with the approx 4 I count that might show. And as for the men, I hope they do get the 16... but it is starting to look doubtful, that's for sure!

I repeat what I said earlier anyways, at least Gus and Adam are trying something new out, even though without a full field for the women it doesn't look like it will end up concerning me!
icon_wink.gif

Kace, I think you know me better than that. If I was going to aim my comments at you, you would know it!!
icon_biggrin.gif
I would address my post to you!! lol

It just seems a little weird, that bowlers aren't willing to back themselves. To be honest, I have never met a bowler, male or female, that doesn't have some sort of ego when it comes to their bowling, even though a lot of people wouldn't admit it. What happened to the thought of, "I wanna kick everybodys arse today!". That's very hard to do, when you don't bowl. But if people are so scared, that they don't think they can win, because of the format, well, what are you bowling for? The way I see it, I want people to say I could win in any format, not just 1 or 2. Winning is why I bowl. 2nd place is crap, and 3rd is even worse. Who cares what the format is. I just go and try and win.

Now just to clarify, this post isn't directed at ANY individual, but hopefully may stir up the competitive juices enough, to make them want to WIN!

Hi Adam,
Jess did ask this in the other post about this tournie but how much will the final be?

I think you will find most bowlers concerns about the format, from what I have heard, is the chance they will be travelling all that way (especially for the coastal bowlers) and maybe having the chance to only bowl 6 games including qualifying. Not really worth the time, effort and money, especially as elimination style formats do not always favour the best bowler on the day.

This isn't necessarily what I think and I appreciate that Gus and you are just trying something new and different out. I for one will be down there and bowling regardless. I hope there will be plenty of others.

See ya Sunday
icon_biggrin.gif

Call me unsupportive, but i think i might just spent my money on piss and other substances on the weekend.....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

tell me, why dont u support tournaments?

not enough prizemoney?
not enough games?
too far to travel?
not enough money?
u dont think u can win?
u dont think u can win under the format?
you'd rather qualify for state masters?

just wondering....

also if anyone needs a place to stay while they're down here just talk to me....

luko

Gday DJ,

I think your doing a great job .. keep it up. Don't worry about the knockers, just do your best.

On another note, can you make sure the right people know that myself and Gusman will be down to Qualify on the Sunday morning. (presuming that the RIGHT person isnt you???)

That's all!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey all

Well i think the format is good seeing as alot of the other tourney's are straight pinfall and this is something different. Well when we go away we dont just go for Nationals otherwise we wouldn't go for the state team because the format is basiclly the same in sheild and we dont just go there and say hey i'm not going to try and go in this because i could never win with this format so i just think everyone should take this as a challange and just go with it and BE POSSITIVE!!!! because theres no time like the p[resent to be possitive lol

Love KAZZA
icon_biggrin.gif

yeah thats cool scott i'll let them know and i will see ya sunday morning
icon_smile.gif

thanx to kara for the support also
icon_smile.gif

cheers guys

luko

G'day Luko, Just wanted to say im impressed!!, ur not even on the commitee, and your getting this hobart masters off the ground!!...welldone mate!, could let me know wat the times are for the masters qualifying is on sunday??......i just might bowl, depends if i can get out of bed early enough!!....and if i have my car back by the weekend!!...

Well done buddy!!

Mark Foster
icon_smile.gif

sweet mate glad u wanna be part of it
icon_smile.gif

the only qualifying squad on sunday for masters is 9:30 am

gday DJ

well i would bowl but starting at 3pm oin the avo is just too late man. It is a 3 hour drive back to the coast and by the time its finsihed it will be like 10pm by the time i get home and i do hav to work the next day. Yes i know others have too as well but i think us coast people have the fathest to come...

But agaiin well done adam for getting it and gooing maybe next year have it earlu like january as there arent any tassie tournys from rachuig till the rolloffs the next year so thats something to think about.....

Adam mate can you put me down for the qualifying squad on Sunday as well because as far as I know, I am still travelling down with Scott and Gusman.

I am with Matt. I think it's just too far for the coastal bowlers to travel, especially with the men's final on so late. I mean it's hard to get southerners up to Burnie very often because of the distance so I am sure you lot know what it's like
icon_biggrin.gif

Good to see a bit more support for the tournie though!

Back
Top Bottom