Hobart Masters Results

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Congratulations to Aaron Franklin on winning the 2003 Hobart City Masters.

I would have the final results with me, but I couldn't be bothered waiting 30 mins for the HTBA to write then out by hand. Never heard of computers apparently.

To all bowlers that happened to bowl this year, please take note:

I WILL BE MAKING SURE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THE FORMAT WILL BE AHEAD OF TIME, AS WELL AS SQUAD TIMES, AND FINAL TIMES, AND MAKE SURE ENTRY FORMS ARE UPDATED AND SENT TO CENTRES!!!

Luckily I was at the bowl early enough. I was told on the Saturday that the final would be a 11:30am check-in.... Why did we start at 11am then?

I will also be trying to make sure that the 30-45 min wait between 2 game blocks will never happen again, due to some lanes, not in the same division, having 6 to a pair, instead of 4.

I don't care if I have to organise it myself, but next year WILL be better.

Congratulations Joel Reeve(jnr boy), Emma Tubb (jnr girl),
Jonathan Maguire(rest boy), Kevin Huxley(rest men),
Lyn Hawkes(rest women), Debbie Bowtell(womens)
and Finally Aaron Franklin(mens).
Well Bowled everyone. :wink:

Congratulations to the winners on the weekend.

It was an enjoyable tournament to watch on high scoring lanes.

A great effort from Joel in the junior boys, closely followed by the placegetters.
Well done to Emma in the junior girls, particularly the 280 game.
It was especially pleasing to see Aaron win the open male section. A bowler who has shown great dedication and has finally reaped some reward.
Finally to Debbie on winning the open female event. A win that went largly unnoticed, but a great effort to win her fifth masters in a row.

:D :D :D

Well done to Aaron Franklin, Debbie Bowtell, Joel Reeve, Emma Tubb, Jonathon Maguire, Kevin Huxley & Lyn Hawkes for thier wins in the respective divisions in the 2003 Hobart Masters.

I have to agree that it was a fun tournament to play in considering the high scoring conditions on most pairs.
I see that 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 & 13-14 were the big pairs to shoot high numbers on.
Luck of the draw has it, that I only got to shoot on 7-8 for the tournament, but as they say, that's tough titties.

Highlights for me were Garry Crick shooting 289 with the front 10 in qualifying, Emma Tubb back to her devastating best with a beautiful 280 game, Jarrod McCarthy opening with the front 9 for a 266.
And Aaron Franklin coming from the clouds to show his full capabilities with a 268 (front 8 ) in the last game to win by ten sticks.

Qualifying:
232-200-240 for 672

Masters Finals
244-204, 189-226, 184-167, 189-207, 204-195.........2014 for 10 at 201.40
Not one of my better days, Androo you are correct about that stop start thing......it can't be allowed to happen in future.

Back
Top Bottom