Amazing Scores

hamster

Just a Bowler
Hot on the heels of George Frillingos 257.69 avg for 16 games at the Australian Open, Ann-Maree Putney has thrown an outstanding 259.87 avg for the first 8 games of Matchplay during the Vic 150.

Terrific performances by two of our Nations best.

hamo

Have to agree Hamo, HUGE EFFORT by these 2 awesome bowlers.

I believe after just looking at the Vic150 final results, AMP finished with a 252 average for matchplay - and a MASSIVE final tournament average i believe of approx 243.

Thats a great effort AMP! And George keep up the great bowling!

Cheers
Martina

Not taking anything away from the bowlers but I believe the scores seen at the 2 tournaments being currently run are rediculously high. National tournaments are promoted as a showpiece for the best bowlers in the country so I believe a tough but fair and consistent lane condition should be put down. Currently from the look of the scores it has once again become a carry contest. Just my 2 cents worth

Matthew Lambrick

I don't know considering that around the world these scores match up with other events.

On the EBT they have bowlers consistantly around the 1400 to 1500 mark. The Euro-Med thing in Singapore again the same thing. Even where Belmo is now it will happen again.

Hell, the PBA is no better with some of their scores on the selected Sport Patterns they play on.

We should move on.

hammo

Firstly, nice work to everyone doing well at these events. Somebody will capitalise on what's there and win. Sometimes what's there demands high scores to win.

That said, comparing amateurs (here, Asia or Europe) with the PBA is like saying a scratch golfer can go and play PGA. It just doesn't work that way. PBA players shoot big numbers on the Viper and Shark patterns with major OOB's as well as the wide open spaces.

Understand that jason. Wasn't trying to compare amateurs with the PBA.

I was trying to say that in what level of skill/contest these scores are happening all over the place.

Just an observation.

hamo

Back
Top Bottom