Whiting (Vic) and Kirkwood (WA) win the 2008 Vic 150

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Local Victorian bowler Rebecca Whiting and Brenda Kirkwood of Western Australia took out the 2008 Vic 150 held at AMF Keon Park yesterday…

Averaging 229.6 and 199.1 scratch respectively to hold off a fast finishing team of Ann-Maree Putney of New South Wales and Rachael Glare of Victoria by 35 pins with Victorian’s Cassie Staudinger and Hannah Gavin 58 pins further behind in 3rd place…

This format see’s the top 12 scratch ladies are paired with the top 12 corrected average (handicap) ladies to play 11 games of Match play on day three. The Leading scratch bowler is paired with the 12th place corrected average bowler and so on until you have your 12 teams…

Several teams held the lead during the final stages of the finals with the first 3 places fighting it out to the very finish…

Ann-Maree Putney set the pace in the Open division with a 230.5 average for her 16 games of qualifying and Hannah Gavin lead the Graded section with a corrected average of 245 and a 199 scratch average for her 16 games. Cassie Staudinger rounded out the scratch section in 12th place with an average of 212.13 and Rachael Glare bowled her way to 12th place in the corrected division with a corrected average of 210.94…

Another Victorian local bowler Mary Dodds bowled her first ever perfect score of 300 in game 6 on the first day of qualifying.

Another Special Mention to the 2007 World Cup Winner and defending champion Ann-Maree Putney of New South Wales for her 241.5 Match Play average…

Scores can be found at www.tenpin.org.au

Congratulations to Rebecca and Brenda - well done ladies.

And to Mary, what more can I say apart from wow!! Motherhood is definitely agreeing with you. I think that the fact that Barry & Sophia were there to witness the event was like a dream come true.

Also a special mention to 2 of my favourite bowlers - Jenny and Michelle. I was hoping that you would be able to hang on to the lead in the end. You put up a valiant fight to the end. A 279 game by Jenny also yesterday - hang in there and I think you won't be too far behind Mary in that elusive game.

Liz

Congratulations to all those Bowlers

Those scores were incredible Ive seen the pattern what type of synthetics and oil were used to create that effect.

Tim

Well done Brenda, still some life left in the old bones. Keep em rollin, and see you Saturday. Best wishes from Carol as well.
Regards
Animal

Well Done Brenda!! you bowled totally awesome all day sunday and gave us the big games when they counted! was very glad to be paired with such an awesome and funny lady

I would also like to congratulate Hannah Gavin And Rachael Glare for making the top 3 you both bowled awesome all weekend
I must say for my first adult tournament it was very tough to qualify in the top 12, you couldnt afford to chuck any bad games!

Well done girls, see bren, just coz you are called senior doesn't mean the the snow on the roof extends to the fire down below.
Great win, and a great challenge to push you on, would have been a fantastic finish to see.
This was also a great learning curve for Rebecca, onya ladies....
Paul

Congratulations Beck. Nice to see someone so young winning something so big. All the grinding by super coach Wayne on tuesdays nights at Knox is finally paying off :D
Keep it coming.
Alex

Back
Top Bottom