Allocated points!!!!!

Macca300

:confused: Without wishing to start world war 3, can somebody explain to me the allocated points system,no prizes for guessing why I am asking, its just that recently in Melborne we "experienced" the allocated points sytem and upon asking how and why is it used we were advised that it was fairer, Im sure that Im missing something but could somebody explain it again for the stoopid ones amongst us.

Ta.

To me the allocated points system is to see which team can perform consistently well on all 3 days, instead of a team cleaning up on the first day or so then sitting back and coasting for the rest of the event.

But definitely agree there are some disadvantages to it as well

It's a double edged sword really.

It better reflects the best overall team in terms of their final placing, but can cause a team with less points to be infront of a team with more (as was the case here). But it does stop states/territories/zones with one very strong team, who may be 20 points infront in their division, make up for their other team who may be in the middle of the field, and coming out on top for it (which has also happened before)

Back
Top Bottom