$50,000 Australian Masters?

I'll be the first to say it then..

THANKYOU AMF FOR THIS HUGE INVESTMENT INTO THE SPORT OF BOWLING!!

Many have been quick to bag AMF (myself included) but this is a very significant step in the right direction for the sport. FINALLY there is a reason to get the nation's best bowling Nationals and Masters.

Well done to TBA also - this is a massive achievement.

What an extraordinary thing this is. In a time when economies are still under enormous pressure and business is not sure how many more turns against the tide there might be - we see the most significant sponsorship given to any single bowling event in the sports history in this country. The mens first prize is equal to the largest ever paid out [Australian Tenpin Cup World Series - Melbourne 1992] - but the overall cash fund of $100,000 is the biggest ever.....by something like $30,000.... if my memory is correct.

This is just staggering in my view and I'm not sure if too many have as yet grasped the significance of it...at least the lack of positive comment on this forum would suggest such is the case.

For those who may be in some doubt believe me when I say how critical and significant a leap forward this is for the business and sport of bowling. It will take the game to another level in the eyes of the public [as this news is real media fodder $100,000 has serious print power] - and the message it underscores is extremely positive and long term.

Congratulations to all involved - this decision is to be celebrated - not just because of WHAT it is -and God knows that in itself is worth the acclaim - it's because it took real guts to do it in such difficult times.

This is an interesting statement:

We are excited to be combining our resources with the TBA to deliver a really exciting tournament in 2010 that we hope will become the pinnacle event on the world bowling calendar.” said Mr. Rodgers.

All I can say is WOW!!!

Huge kudos must go to AMF and TBA for enabling this, which I am hoping will bring people out of the woodwork to have a crack at it, which will in turn have huge numbers of people coming to watch which will hopefully in turn attract significant media attention.

Just a question though will this be open to professional bowlers and/or international bowlers?

Great job guys.

Cheers

Steve Hunt

Quite extraordinary indeed. Well done AMF and TBA!!

I've seen a lot of talent leave the sport over the years and a lot of talent who have no interest in bowling these events, hopefully this will spark a change of heart for these bowlers and reignite their passion for the sport.

Just a question though will this be open to professional bowlers and/or international bowlers?
Steve Hunt

Steve this may answer your question depending on how you interpret this statement

We are confident the prize money on offer will not only give our national event a high profile within Australia and globally, but that it is likely to attract international bowlers Down Under

This is a great step, well done to the TBA and to AMF for making a significant effort to help our sport.

If anyone, (and I do mean anyone) doesn't get right behind this, never ever complain about the direction this sport is heading again. This is a positive step to boost tournament bowling in this country, and we'd all be mad not to throw all of our support behind this event.

This is a great result for Australian Bowling. Now the best bowlers in this country have a major responsibility, to stop the international raiders from taking our dosh :D

Firstly, i would like to thank AMF and TBA for putting up a great event.

I have one question tho..what does this mean for all the other AMF events???

Back
Top Bottom