300 games.....

Eh, its recording less 300's partly due to less competitive bowlers. I'll admit that. I was always under the presumption that house conditions still had to be legal though. My bad.

Ok, obviously some lane conditions are easier to figure out than others. & perhaps, in the larger tournaments it should be brought about to determine the worth of a 300. But I think everyone already knows that a 300 on the house shot is going to be easier & more likely to happen compared to something horrendous like a 300 on a reverse block or the US open pattern (flat oil 40 ft? I think Tommy Jones bowled the only 300, not sure.)
Perhaps you're correct, but maybe it should be calculated the likeliness of a 300 on certain fresh conditions.
One day, bowling will be completely about getting it 100% right, because we will know everything there is to know 'ever' about the sport. Will it be humanly possible to average 270+ over 50 weeks of bowling? A few decades ago, it wasn't common to see a 300, but with increased technology, knowledge of the physics involved along with lane conditioning. Perhaps it will be possible in 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom