300 Game Doug Bear and National Record at Mentone Bowl

wfs

Congratulations again goes to DOUG BEAR for shooting his 19th 300 game in the Super League at Mentone Bowl.
This follows his 300 game back in May.
To go with this his team eclipsed their previous NATIONAL RECORD by 13 pins, with a 4 person 3 games series of 2999. A 251 team average.

Paul Francis 268, 258 & 237 = 763
Lee Phillips 259, 196 & 234 = 689
Paul Trotter 289, 231 & 255 = 775
Doug Bear 300, 246 & 226 = 772
NATIONAL RECORD OF 2999

Great bowling there guys. Massive effort. Extra well done to Doug on another 300.

Deano

(Kermit the Frog voice) Mr Doug-eee BEEEAAAARRrrr...! Yayyyyy!!!!

Nice one Doug and Lads! That's really whacking the house shot for all it's worth.

Is that Trots and Doug with the front 10 each in the first game? Hilarious! :) Must have been a fun night. Do you think you'll get team series with that?

Mentone is the 'mini-golf course' of bowling.
C'mon Warren..stop this nonsense and put down some 'honest' conditions.

Theres always one a******e who wants to hijack a thread and bring it down with negativity.
These guys just bowled a National Record and are the cream of the crop in Victoria at the moment.....how about showing them some respect?

Hey Dousty,
Nah my 289 was spare, strikes and 9 count to finish. Was an amazing first game (1116) and series to be part of.

Trotts

Theres always one a******e who wants to hijack a thread and bring it down with negativity.
These guys just bowled a National Record and are the cream of the crop in Victoria at the moment.....how about showing them some respect?

Just telling it like it is..
BTW Cruzin..how much did your average improve by since warren has "adjusted" the shot at Mentone?

To the old mate above;

How about you just pay someone to lay down the 'epic' pattern and bowl a 1200 series on it... Pattern does not depict all scores.

If it does, then be my guest to bowl the perfect game 4 times.

You probably dont intend to, but your coming across as a jealous codger who is annoyed that people are scoring high at a bowling centre.

Cheers,
Ryan.

Well done Doug and the boy's, great bowling by some great bowler's and not bad blokes to boot, keep up the good work:):):):):):):):):):).

Gordon Robinson

I dont bowl league at Mentone.

Excuse me for assuming you bowled there. Last year you DID bowl on Mentone's team in both the Emerson and Goldpin Seniors Cup. Did you move centres in protest of the new shot, to look for a more honest condition?

To the old mate above;

How about you just pay someone to lay down the 'epic' pattern and bowl a 1200 series on it... Pattern does not depict all scores.

If it does, then be my guest to bowl the perfect game 4 times.

You probably dont intend to, but your coming across as a jealous codger who is annoyed that people are scoring high at a bowling centre.

Cheers,
Ryan.

I'm not jealous, but I am annoyed that bowling is no longer a sport.

Congratulations to all on this fantastic record.

Mentone is a very nice bowl for its age. Well kept and clean. You still need to have a nice shot to carry there, so I dont think the lanes are really that easy...

Nice set guys, amazing scores no matter the condition.

Wayne can you just go away if you dont like it........ people are tired of your constant negativity

Nice set guys, amazing scores no matter the condition.

Wayne can you just go away if you dont like it........ people are tired of your constant negativity

I also suppose that Hugh Millers 264 average in the second round of the current senior PBA tournament is okay because the conditions are tougher.

Scores are scores and whilst Mentone may be an easier condition than most, you still have to bowl the scores and continue to do all the little things right to get the results overall.

Back
Top Bottom