3 Reasons why you think your local centre is the best

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
A positive thread for a change, if there is nothing nice to say, dont post :)

3 Reasons for Logan City

1. Excellent customer service, a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude
2. Good oiling machine, have a Kegel which is maintained well and our league shot changes every 12 weeks which is quite the challenge
3. Well stocked and well run pro shop, the best in Brissy (not to mention I drill there :)

Fire away.....

Nice George, good to see some positives.

3 reasons for Mt. Warren Lanes

1. Great bunch of people behind the counter always willing to go the extra yard.
2. Timber lanes keep you honest.
3. 12 lane centre creates a great atmoshpere.
If you allow 4 reasons George it would have to be the food, it is the best!!!

Grant

I'll talk about Rockdale which alas, doesn't exist any more. But it was my best local centre because;

1. The best bowlers bowled there in the best leagues in Sydney. (Lovell, Wenban, Rodrick, Peel, Kee, Davy and many more.)
  2. We'd bowl two scratch singles leagues on a Tuesday, followed by dollar dinks and dancing at Hurstville with a gang of friends from the bowl.
  3. The best characters bowled there. (Some of whom were in the aforementioned categories!)
  4. The best pro shop (of it's day) was there with Stuart Erwin at the drill.
  5. The layout had the concourse on a podium level from which you could watch about 12 lanes of play, with an intermediate level where people left their bags and stuff, keeping the players area clear.
  6. The staff had been there forever and knew all the bowlers by name. (And vice versa.)
I'll stop there at point six of three. Oh, one more, I met my first "serious" girlfriend there. She was gorgeous. :)

Cheers,
Jason

Orange
1. Aldo
2. Marisa
3. Chucky
4. Chris & the guys out back
4. the great comps & returns for the bowlers
5. the people that compete
6. the atmosphere at the bowl
7. do we need another reason?????

A positive thread for a change, if there is nothing nice to say, dont post :)

3 Reasons for Logan City

1. Excellent customer service, a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude
2. Good oiling machine, have a Kegel which is maintained well and our league shot changes every 12 weeks which is quite the challenge
3. Well stocked and well run pro shop, the best in Brissy (not to mention I drill there :)

Fire away.....

I got 6 reasons for liking that place!!( 6 300's mind you)

3 Reasons for Caboolture

1: The absolute best Techs in Brisbane, they have got the lanes to become the best that you could possibly ask for. Sure, its not the toughest place to bowl, but I feel that the confidence that I have gotten by bowling there helps me when I go to a tougher centre, and it has taught me how to think as well.
2: Memorable for myself, my first ever 300 game was at Caboolture. I still remember everything about that night, the lanes (1-2), each and every shot and all the minor details as well. I still rate it as my best 300 game.
3: Great people, staff and other bowlers. No matter who you speak to, everyone is able to have a word.

I could go on but George said only 3 reasons :)

must be time to chuck a 300 somewhere else other than logan hey adrian???? how bout mt gambier:p:p:p:D:D:D

Ahhh Mt Gambier :)

3 reasons i liked that place

Best Laneman
Best ball lay out guy and driller
Best youtube surfer in the office!!!!!

that was all me by the way, no 300 though

Mt Warren.

3 Simple reasons really.

1.) The People. (Bowlers and Staff)
2.) The atmosphere (See above)
and 3.) as Grant said.... THE FOOD!

:D:D:D:D:D

1. I dont' have any.
2. See reason 1.
3. Refer to reason 2.

Wish i could say some positives but i simply don't have anything positive so will leave it at that.

Then like the thread said DON"T POST!!!!!

I too remember how good the food was at Mt Warren...

Also MILTON was a great centre for all reasons listed in positive threads before...When it closed bowling just wasn't the same anymore...

Mmmm Mt Warren for the food!!!! Will be back for a ham and cheese sanger one day. Everywhere else the food is too yellow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonguru View Post
1. I dont' have any.
2. See reason 1.
3. Refer to reason 2.

Wish i could say some positives but i simply don't have anything positive so will leave it at that.
Then like the thread said DON"T POST!!!!!

I too remember how good the food was at Mt Warren...

Also MILTON was a great centre for all reasons listed in positive threads before...When it closed bowling just wasn't the same anymore...

lol @ deleting an unwanted post yet still quoting the whole thing so ppl can see what it said

'spose being a bit slow goes with the 'sloth' title. Which centre was it again that was being criticised?

I would like to add my 2c worth here and praise my centre also, but sadly very little to praise.
Realm of Valek,some people bowl at centres (which they don't like) due to time constraints and location.. I am one of them.. There must be many,many more bowlers similar to myself..

Is it worth kicking up a huge fuss, naming and shaming a centre, also having to face the centre staff giving you daggers everytime you turn up to bowl, probably not...Its not my job/living, but if these people were running my business, then this would be a concern, as if left in charge I'd be out of business....

On a positive note, I like their car park, hot chips and that table hockey game..

Stifiled again. I read the post, i can read!

But sometimes you have to say what is on your mind and i did.

As the above post says, some people bowl at centre due to constraints and i too am one of them. I don't drive a car for medical reasons and rely on my girl to get me to and from. I am changing centres very soon hopefully but those out there who know where i bowl, would agree and sadly that is how it is. I wished it were different, i for 1, would spend more money there and i don't turn up to bowl to not enjoy it or the challenges it presents. I ALSO don't speak for the sake of speaking.

Sometimes things just need to said to get clarity in this world and that was the time.

Others may have a different opinion but isnt that what a forum is about, opinion and freedom to speak?

Back
Top Bottom