2010 Challenge Sydney Youth Cup

Actually the TBA asked for choices and then they confirm which pattern for which event.

I have had a response from TBA but am querying - will know very soon.

Leanne

Pattern for Sydney Youth Cup has been confirmed by TBA as WTBA London.

Cheers
Leanne

Correct me if im wrong but isnt this the same pattern that we bowled on at the National Youth Cup and the teams for the National Youth Challenge??

Hi Keryn
You know I only correct people when they are wrong .....

The lanes at Werribee and the lanes at Campbelltown are different, C'town is more roomier / more air flow / cooler on the lanes etc

Unfortunately there are some patterns that suit oiling machines and lane composition better than others

Over the years we have tweeked patterns to make them harder / more oil in different areas to suit carry down, back ends etc. This is no longer permitted. (I hope this sounds like I actually know something !!!)

There are some good reasons for having TBA set the patterns - don't know if that will work.

I just know the old - 'the cream will always come to the top' - is just as true today as it always has been.

Leanne

I know TBA pick the patterns and i think that is a good thing. I would just like to see different patterns being set down not one that ive already bowled on and i think most people would agree with me. Im not complaining at all, im just expressing my opinion :) I understand that its two completely different centres and the lanes will play a bit different. Anyways thats just my 2 cents :) its going to be a fantastic event (as it is every year) and im really looking forward to bowling it :)

Hi all

I beleive there has been some discussion regards the type of pattern being used at this tournament.

Graeme O'Reilly, Campbelltown Bowl and myself have always strived to maintain the integrity and credibilty of the event, providing challenging conditions to promote junior youth bowling in Australia.

This will be the same for the 2010 Challenge Sydney Youth Cup.

A reminder:
Male and Female Winners also recieve paid entry 2010 Columbia NSW Open (posted ranked events)
and top non-qualifying Junior Male and Female receive paid entry 2010 Challenge Junior Sydney Cup

Latest squad list attached - info [email protected] or 0418 889 888. Spots left in A squad.

NSW junior and youth bowlers - this is a great opportunity to bowl a ranked event in your home state

Cheers
Leanne and Graeme

Attachments

• 2010 Syd Youth Cup - entries 18th May.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2010 Challenge Sydney Youth Cup entry form.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 6
Leanne i totally agree about putting down challenging patterns!! Thats what all tournaments around Australia should do. All im saying is that this pattern has already been laid down at the National Youth Cup. It would be nice if we got to bowl on something different. Hopefully TBA will realise this and not lay the same pattern down in the future. As i said before im looking forward to bowling this event and am looking forward to the challenge!!

Hi Leanne, Sorry won't be coming over this year as it clashes with exams so could you please take my name off the squad listings.

Thanks

Paul Housham

Updated list attached

Couple weeks to go, still spots in A squad
Looking forward to some great competition

Enquiries: [email protected] or pm

Cheers
Leanne and Graeme

Attachments

• 2010 Syd Youth Cup entries.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 2010 Challenge Sydney Youth Cup entry form.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 37
Hi all

Just to let you know the weather will be good on the weekend so don't be frigtened to come to Sydney !!

Thanks for the early information about non attendance.

Latest squad list attached, and there is still time to add your name to A squad.

Some equipment has already been rec by courier and is being nursed in the proshop.

Payments on day by credit / eftpos / cash, any other info please contact Leanne: [email protected] or pm

Cheers
Leanne and Graeme

Attachments

• 2010 Syd Youth Cup entries.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom