2009 Vili's Super league

Nothing amazing to report last week
The league average is starting to go back up and now at 199
Brenton Manning had a 967 series
Tony Stoppel had a 972 series

We have been asked to drop off another week during the seniors and nationals in October
This will also allow us to do the TV playoffs straight after we finish the round rather than wait a week as the Barossa Cup is on 31st Oct which is when we had slotted the playoffs.

So if no-one has any strong objections we will now have a 4 week break and then come back for the final rounds and the TV playoffs

Weeks off are now
28 Sept
5 Oct which is a long weekend anyway
12 Oct
19 Oct

Back to bowling on Monday 26th October
Television playoffs on Saturday 7th November, 12.30 start

NEW SEASON WILL START MONDAY 9th November !!!!!

Attachments

• 090810 Vili's Super League week 16.doc
    46 KB · Views: 32
if no-one has any strong objections we will now have a 4 week break and then come back for the final rounds and the TV playoffs

Obviously my objection last night wasn't strong enough to change the TV playoffs day, which is now conveniently scheduled to be held on the weekend of the Under 25s Youth Challenge (organized November last year!!), which no doubt will effect several bowlers who bowl in Vilis league, some of which are in top 5 contention (including myself).

Looks like I will not be making a TV appearance this season.

Zac Krebbekx

Don't worry Zac, all will be good. Spoke with Greg he will let us know next Monday night.

A couple of options we talked about one being moving the TV finals out a further week to the 14th November, but Start bowling the next season on the 2nd November and have the presentation the same night, obviously he will hold back the TV money for the 14th November.

Second option to hold the TV finals on a Monday night.

Plus there might be a third option ?

Cheers

Tony

this may only affect myself, but i will be away in brisbane trying out for the australian team that weekend (the 14th and 15th)

yea so what

ur point been...

a 300 is a 300...

i would rather an australian shirt on my back then of other things

im fair sure im apart of the league..

Guess you are in the firing line again, Mr Messenger....hahahaha and by the way " You can please some people some of the time BUT you cannot please all people all of the time"..... cheers Tony

Well what and exciting week it turned out to be - where do we start ????

Zac's 999 series could be said to be very expensive single pin at $500
Tony Stoppel crept in very quietly with another 1008 series to get another $500
or was it
Ashley Warren's near perfect 300 for the first game of the night only to get rolled 3-1 on the night by the big fella Dave Kuhn

Make up your own mind - I think Ashley's 300 was great just bad luck the wheels then fell off. At least he picked up the half point for winning the series and only one game !

Just in regards to the TV playoffs I'm having talks with Tony about some other options - but as T Long said on the web site - no matter what we orgainise there will be someone not happy.

See you next week
Greg

Attachments

• 090817 Vili's Super League week 17.doc
    46 KB · Views: 28
Mixed fortunes this week, with many results ending up 2 all but some good matches
Next week sees 2nd and 3rd facing up, so will be interesting to watch Brenton & Zac possibly getting in some practise for the TV playoffs ?

As announced on the week 16 results here is the confirmed dates plus TV information...................

So if no-one has any strong objections we will now have a 4 week break and then come back for the final rounds and the TV playoffs

Weeks off are now
28 Sept
12 Oct
19 Oct

Back to bowling on Monday 26th October and Monday 2nd November
Television playoffs on Saturday 14th November, 12.00 noon start

NEW SEASON WILL START MONDAY 9th November !!!!! ----- this has not changed we will just distribute the prize fund the week after at playoffs.

So any new players put your names down now for over $20,000 in prize money

Greg

Attachments

• 090824 Vili's Super League week 18.doc
    46 KB · Views: 27
Please note that Tony Long & Vili are bowling next Monday so these are estimates on the standing sheet.

Also we had 3 bowlers not write down there last games so it made if somewhat difficult to do the sheets, lucky we found out what the scores where.

It was obvious last week with a large number of bowlers not making average that it is not just a select few who find this problem on certain weeks....13 from 22 didn't go close to average this week,

Greg.

Attachments

• 090831 Vili's Super League week 19.doc
    46 KB · Views: 26
Nothing special again for week 20

Oops Sorry Tony yes you got a 300 nearly forgot
One of the guys said you were trying for another 1,000 series but didn't realise you needed 307 to reach you goal. Ended up with a nice 993 anyway
No seriously congratulations and it also marks the 3rd 300 for the league this season.

Might be some competition hovering as Mat Schoessow came in again to sub for Ashley Warren and kept his 230 average in tact with a 894 series.
Maybe we have to start a special award for the highest placed right hander ?
Other good series were Chris Mowat 943, Greg Keep 897, Brenton Manning 896, Zac 891, Dekland Modra 875, Cameron MacKinnon 855

Just a reminder that next week there will be a number of people pre bowling for round 22 when the seniors go away so we have organised for all the lanes to be done early to cater for these people.

Also just a reminder that we have the following weeks off.......

Weeks off are now
28 Sept
12 Oct
19 Oct

Positional round on Monday 2nd November
Television playoffs on Saturday 14th November, 12.30 start.... all prize money will be transfered into accounts directly between Monday 16th and Friday 20th. Bank has security limits of $5,000 per day.

Greg

Attachments

• 090907 Vili's Super League week 20.doc
    46 KB · Views: 34
Congrates to Dave Kuhn who bowled one of the best 1,000's seen in the league "by a right hander".... great job Dave $500 for you !

Just a reminder that a number of people have pre bowled next weeks games and we then have a few weeks off due to Seniors, Nationals and long weekends

Weeks off are now
28 Sept
12 Oct
19 Oct

Positional round on Monday 2nd November
Television playoffs on Saturday 14th November, 12.30 start.... all prize money will be transfered into accounts directly between Monday 16th and Friday 20th. Bank has security limits of $5,000 per day.

Greg

Attachments

• 090914 Vili's Super League week 21.doc
    46 KB · Views: 43
Id like to extend a grand "thank you" to the person I was bowling against on Monday night.
While I was rushing off to get my mother to a doctor's appointment, there was a miss communication with my sub, where he left as he thought he had bowled the games for that night, in the pre bowl before league.
My opponent instead of ringing me to find out what was happening, chose to bowl. If Greg had not grabbed someone to fill in for me I would forfited (Thanks Greg).
It is wonderful to see bowling is still full of Sportsmanship!!!!!!

Hi Guys & Gals

Hope everyone had a good long weekend and those who went away to Seniors and Nationals all bowled well.
Plus I believe we have a few heading off again next week or so to Brisbane for trials so good luck to you too.

Back at it next Monday night (26th) so hopefully the centre will prepare the lanes for us and they haven't forgotten over the last 3 weeks ?

The last round before the break saw some good bowling with stand out Ashley Warren with a 1038 series.
Games of 266, 257, 267, 248

Lucky he got the 4 games all together though as Ashley's efforts didn't get him one single $10 award for a high game, suppose you'll just have to settle for the $500.

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• 090921 Vili's Super League week 22.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
Well a big pat of the back to Tony Long who showed Joel Lovegrove on Monday night that the old fella still has it with a very 300 game and a 978 series

Also spare a thought for Matt Bernhardt who had his best night of the league with a 278 game and a 930 series..... he didn't win a game ?
Ashley Warren is still killing them with a 972 series and beat Matt's 278 with a 279
Better luck next time Matt

PLEASE NOTE - scores on this standing sheet for Brenton Manning & Tony Cottrell are estimates as they will be bowling later in the week

It is unlikely however that it will alter any positions for next week's positional round

1st round of next season starts on Monday 9th November and at this stage we have 28 players for the next season so if anyone you know is interested get them in touch we me very quickly as we will only go to 30 players so we can have one pair of lanes on standby for breakdowns ?

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• 090926 Vili's Super League week 23.doc
    46 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom