2009 Joondalup Cup

Firstly congratulations to Brenton on another fine effort and great bowling from Michael and George as well. I would just like to say that for a first time effort I thought the tournament was a great success and can only get better next year. So good to see so many people watching the step ladder and applauding every shot doesnt happen alot nowadays and I know the bowlers certainly noticed it. Bowling like a goose on Saturday gave me the opportunity to talk to alot of people on Sunday and get their ideas on how they went and what needs to change to make the tournie even better next year and their thoughts will be taken onboard and I also got to see some great bowling. Only a handfull of bowlers from across the border this year but Im sure the numbers will improve as word gets around and they now have 12months to prepare. Also very pleased with the local bowlers who made the effort and this number Im sure will also rise next year.
All in all a great weekend so remember to keep this weekend free next year for the 2010 Joondalup Cup. Seeya then

Baron

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know this should be a must attend tournament for the year 2010.

These guys behind the tournament, Carol, shadow lurches like Ballsy and Amanda and all the staff behind the counter made a huge effort in the previous weeks to turn this tournament from potential failure to be as successful as possible. The centre is pretty good, hardly any issues for the weekend and any that came up were resolved easily.

It was great to bowl on a lane condition that didnt require you to make 6 ball changes and stand in 5 different parts of the approach just to keep scoring.

It was great to see the crowd that gathered during the matchplay to watch the bowlers, they didnt come and go, they stayed there and gave support to those out on the lanes.

Hopefully some more guys from East can make the trip and more locals will bowl and make this tournament the success it deserves to be.

Cheers
Michael

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know this should be a must attend tournament for the year 2010.

These guys behind the tournament, Carol, shadow lurches like Ballsy and Amanda and all the staff behind the counter made a huge effort in the previous weeks to turn this tournament from potential failure to be as successful as possible. The centre is pretty good, hardly any issues for the weekend and any that came up were resolved easily.

It was great to bowl on a lane condition that didnt require you to make 6 ball changes and stand in 5 different parts of the approach just to keep scoring.

It was great to see the crowd that gathered during the matchplay to watch the bowlers, they didnt come and go, they stayed there and gave support to those out on the lanes.

Hopefully some more guys from East can make the trip and more locals will bowl and make this tournament the success it deserves to be.

Cheers
Michael

Michael,

I concur with everything you have posted. While we will never see anything to compare with the Perth Cup for atmosphere, this event was certainly one of the best I have ever attended. Carol and her staff deserve high praise for getting a 12 day old centre running as well as it did.

WA crowds are renowned for their support of tournament finals and their ability to celebrate with the winners, losers, and in betweeners which is why I enjoy coming back to Perth as often as I can.

See you all next year.

Back
Top Bottom