2009 Australian Youth Squad

Swine

Hey I would like to congratulate all the bowlers who made the Australian Youth Team.
Mens: Kevin McRae
Matt Watson
Nathan Parlby
Hamish Rogers
Mich Marris
Stephen Cowland

Ladies: Kara Triulcio
Bec Whiting
Teagan Nairn
Lexi Nicholl
Jacinta Gilliland
Emily Robertson

Wtg Ashley.

We will be watching the scores closely.

Good Luck To You All.

Cow doesn't even live in Australia for nine months out of the year...how did he "make" the team?

Neither does Belmo, but is that to say he shouldn't be on the men's team??? We've been through this all before Wayne. Congrats to all who made it, looks like we've got a strong youth side this year :)

After checking the squads, I did see Ashley Warren's name....omitted from Paul's post. He'll be pleased with you mate!

One question though, Looking at the scores, it appears Dion Alexander from SA has been overlooked.....AGAIN. Explain?

Can't use the fact that he hasn't been here most of the year.....that would also apply to Cow.

Yes Sorry Ashley I forgot to mention your name in the listing yet i did congratulate you lol
The explaination on Stephen Cowland was that he got special exemption due to being in the states on a bowling scholarship.

The explaination for Dion well I just dont understand.

Hey I would like to congratulate all the bowlers who made the Australian Youth Team.
Mens: Kevin McRae
Ashley Warren
Matt Watson
Nathan Parlby
Hamish Rogers
Mich Marris
Stephen Cowland

Ladies: Kara Triulcio
Bec Whiting
Teagan Nairn
Lexi Nicholl
Jacinta Gilliland
Emily Robertson

Wtg Ashley.

We will be watching the scores closely.

Good Luck To You All.[/QUOTE]

Wayne It's a Squad not the Youth Team. There will be another roll off to decide the top 4 to compete at the Asian Youth Championships in November.

Chris

Congtratulations then to Stephen Cowland on being awarded his exemption. Kinda odd though, when you consider that NSW didn't give him one when they selected the NSW team for the 2009 National Youth Teams Challenge.
Cow had to nominate himself into the draft pool and thus competed for Tasmania.

Can we please have some cut and dried rules to go by?

Congtratulations then to Stephen Cowland on being awarded his exemption. Kinda odd though, when you consider that NSW didn't give him one when they selected the NSW team for the 2009 National Youth Teams Challenge.
Cow had to nominate himself into the draft pool and thus competed for Tasmania.

Can we please have some cut and dried rules to go by?

So you want the National Body to tell the State Offices how to select their Teams?

So you want the National Body to tell the State Offices how to select their Teams?

Sounds good to me ... its about time every state actually selected their teams on the same grounds.

As for the squad well done to all that made it and good luck for the rest of the selection. Great to see Cow in there, I noticed on the TBA website his name is in slightly larger font than everyone else. They must be trying to make you feel special mate lol.

Craigy

NSW Youth - State nomination form included mandatory training sessions. This criteria could not be completed by bowler.
Eligibility for draft was a matter for the NSO.
Secretary Youth Committee

NSW Youth - State nomination form included mandatory training sessions. This criteria could not be completed by bowler.
Eligibility for draft was a matter for the NSO.
Secretary Youth Committee

That's why the States are allowed to award exemptions

What I'd like to see is one universal rule that cannot be gotten around to suit someone's mood at the time.

I'm not saying Cow deserved or didn't deserve an exemption in the two scenarios, simply that it should not have happened in one instance but not in the other. To many, it shows either favouritism or disdain, depending on who gets the final say in the decision making process.

If the bowler is good enough to compete overseas or be overseas for a scholarship because his talented then exemptions from trials and mandatory training sessions should be granted for that bowler.

That's my opninion on a simple rule. The best should be allowed to compete for their state and country if they are available to do so.

so, back to the actual topic of this thread.
i would like to send my congrats to all those who made the youth squad.
can't wait to see how the training sessions and roll offs go - a step in the right direction for australian team organisation.

well done guys and girls.
=]

Congrats to all who made it.

Wayne, is this another of your conspiracy theories like Emerson? About time you left stuff like that out of threads like this that were started to say congrats to ppl who deserved it.

Congrats to all who made it.

Wayne, is this another of your conspiracy theories like Emerson? About time you left stuff like that out of threads like this that were started to say congrats to ppl who deserved it.

Thank you for the advice Mr Lemming, but I'll continue to ask questions and just maybe one day each and every bowler will receive far and equal treatment.

congrats to all that made the squad, you all deserve it. was tough out there and you guys gave it everything.

good luck in your training and roll off. with such a strong squad its gonna be a great team.

well done and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom