2007 NSW Youth Teams Roll Offs

The 2007 NSW Youth Teams Roll Offs will be held over two days on the 23rd and 24th of September. Venue is still to be decided.

Teams: 4 Mens
4 Ladies

Seletion: First 3 placings from the roll offs will be Automatic selection plus 1 bowler will be selected by coaches.

Format: 10 games each day,with total pinfall over the both days deciding the first 3 placings.

Team Officials: Ladies Coach - Lee Tiene (Head Coach)
Mens Coach - Jason Brown
Team Manager - John Cowland

We will be deciding on a venue in the next couple of weeks and entry forms will also posted as soon a venue is decided.

There are 2 venues we are still deciding on which are Windsor Bowl or Illawarra Strike zone. We would much appreciate if we could get some feedback on which venue would be more convienant for our youth bowlers.

We will be posting sending out entry forms as soon as entry forms are finished.

Jason Brown
NSW Youth Mens coach

Windsor would be a very neutral venue. I doubt that hardly any of the bowlers would have ever been there before.

Windsor is a very neutral venue.

If bowled there it would be a team of bowlers that has the experience to adapt to most lanes (which is good when it comes to the youth champs) not just house bowlers bowling on house conditions.

Being away from strike zone you may all so get more people rolling off, due to:

Some people may not travel down there,

Or want to travel down there think that most of the house bowlers have advantage already.(which people do)

I popped in there the other month to see the junior nsw state champs and things looked like the ran well, the staff at the bowl seem to be there for the bowlers.

Just may 2 cents worth.
Matt McRae

jet the jester said:
Windsor is a very neutral venue.
If bowled there it would be a team of bowlers that has the experience to adapt to most lanes (which is good when it comes to the youth champs) not just house bowlers bowling on house conditions.
What makes you think that if we held the roll offs here we would lay a house shot? Yes we are known for being a high scoring centre, but it doesnt mean that every time we have a tournament we just chuck a house shot down. I can also inform you that if we held the roll offs the number of bowlers from here rolling off would not be high, no more than 4 bowlers to be precise. And none of them would be 'just house bowlers'.

jet the jester said:
Being away from strike zone you may all so get more people rolling off, due to:
Some people may not travel down there,
Or want to travel down there think that most of the house bowlers have advantage already.(which people do)
People not travelling here...well what about those of us that live closer to here who may not wish to travel to Windsor?
Someone is going to have some form of advantage no matter where roll offs are held and there is not really anything that can be done about it.

Jen

Seriously, if you want the best team, then only the truely dedicated will travel, so hold it at strikezone, because you dont want some random person who is only rolling off because it is local... you wont find the very best that way. It was just like 2005 for NNSW and 2001 for SNSW&ACT, we ended up with 1 bowler who did it just because it was there and made the team.. and in 2001 we had 2 like that, and once they were there they really didnt care how bad they bowled. It really makes it dishartening for the ones who want to go and do well!

VOTE 1 STRIKEZONE!!

Or why not share it?? Maybe that might work... no real home advantage? Just a thought.... Strange enough but it does make sense, and 1 can have short the other have the long..... I thinks i am a genius!

Mrs Storm,

It doesn’t bother me where it is, if i can get the time off work i will travel anywhere for it and I’m sure most bowlers are like that.

I was only giving my two cents worth and say Windsor was a neutral ground and its close to midway for everyone and speaking I don’t think there is one junior or youth that comes out of Windsor as a house bowler. But that’s not going to make the deciding vote, I think it will come done to who gives the better package (game rate, etc)

Sorry I didn’t mean to be harsh on the house shot statement. It would be sill to lay the house shoot anywhere, as I’m a sure most bowler can hit the house shoot rather than true flat oil, edge to edge.

And if you only have four bowlers rolling of from down there what about all the bowlers up here that have to go down there, I’m sure we would have more then 12+, four coming up here, 12+ going down there is a little difference.

Travel is travel if you want to be on the team no matter where it is the bowlers will have to travel.

Adam

" If you want the best team, then only the truly dedicated will travel.

THIS IS A VERY TRUE STATMENT. I AGREE

" Because you don’t want some random person who is only rolling off because it is local... you wont find the very best that way. It was just like 2005 for NNSW and 2001 for SNSW&ACT, we ended up with 1 bowler who did it just because it was there and made the team. And in 2001 we had 2 like that, and once they were there they really didn’t care how bad they bowled. It really makes it disheartening for the ones who want to go and do well!

I DISAGREE, IF YOU’RE A GOOD BOWLER, THAT CAN BOWL ON ANY PATTERN,
YOU SHOULD BEAT THE LOCAL BOWLER AND ITS ONLY 3 SPOTS WHERE TRYING FOR. PLUS THIS WITH YOUR FIRST STATMENT I THINK WE WOULD COME OUT WITH THE THREE BEST BOWLERS. AND I DONT THINK THERE IS ONE JUNIOR OR YOUTH BOWLER THAT COMES OUT OF WINDSOR

" Or why not share it?? Maybe that might work... no real home advantage? Just a thought.... Strange enough but it does make sense, and 1 can have short the other have the long"

NOT A BAD, STATMENT SEEN IT DONE BEFORE

BUT I STILL SAY VOTE FOR WINDSOR OR ANOTHER BOWL IN SYDNEY THAT IS MIDWAY FOR ANYONE

Mrs Storm,

It doesn’t bother me where it is, if i can get the time off work i will travel anywhere for it and I’m sure most bowlers are like that.

I was only giving my two cents worth and say Windsor was a neutral ground and its close to midway for everyone and speaking I don’t think there is one junior or youth that comes out of Windsor as a house bowler. But that’s not going to make the deciding vote, I think it will come down to who gives the better package (game rate, etc)

Sorry I didn’t mean to be harsh on the house shot statement. It would be silly to lay the house shoot anywhere, as I’m a sure most bowler can hit the house shoot rather than true flat oil, edge to edge.

And if you only have four bowlers rolling of from down there what about all the bowlers up here that have to go down there, I’m sure we would have more then 12+, four coming up here, 12+ going down there is a little difference.

Travel is travel if you want to be on the team no matter where it is the bowlers will have to travel.

Adam

" If you want the best team, then only the truly dedicated will travel.

THIS IS A VERY TRUE STATMENT. I AGREE

" Because you don’t want some random person who is only rolling off because it is local... you wont find the very best that way. It was just like 2005 for NNSW and 2001 for SNSW&ACT, we ended up with 1 bowler who did it just because it was there and made the team. And in 2001 we had 2 like that, and once they were there they really didn’t care how bad they bowled. It really makes it disheartening for the ones who want to go and do well!

I DISAGREE, IF YOU’RE A GOOD BOWLER, THAT CAN BOWL ON ANY PATTERN,
YOU SHOULD BEAT THE LOCAL BOWLER AND ITS ONLY 3 SPOTS WHERE TRYING FOR. PLUS THIS WITH YOUR FIRST STATMENT I THINK WE WOULD COME OUT WITH THE THREE BEST BOWLERS. AND I DONT THINK THERE IS ONE JUNIOR OR YOUTH BOWLER THAT COMES OUT OF WINDSOR

" Or why not share it?? Maybe that might work... no real home advantage? Just a thought.... Strange enough but it does make sense, and 1 can have short the other have the long"

NOT A BAD, STATMENT SEEN IT DONE BEFORE

BUT I STILL SAY VOTE FOR WINDSOR OR ANOTHER BOWL IN SYDNEY THAT IS MIDWAY FOR ANYONE

id have to say windsor myself. we see a lot of tournies held at strikezone and i cant personally think of a tournie that has ever been held at windsor. i mean if u want to hold it in a centre which is central for everyone and is also neutral to everyone there are heaps of centres that do not produce any youth or junior bowlers out of it. Randwick, Mascot, Top Ryde, Windsor plus im sure there are a lot of others. coz remember that not all the bowlers live either north or south. there are some that live in the eastern suburbs and on the north shore. if u really want something central then somethin inside sydney and not out of it might be the best idea.

I am not sure about this is it all of NSW or is NSW split into two sections like in juniors if it isnt then i agree with Adam hold it in two different centers and lay two different conditions down for those centers

just my two cents
Peace 'n' Chicken grease

Jet,
Windsor? Midway for everyone? Windsor would only be midway for us here if we were going to be travelling to the North Coast...sorry I needed to point that out.
"Travel is travel if you want to be on the team no matter where it is the bowlers will have to travel" - True. So why are you complaining about 12+ bowlers scattered throughout north of here travelling to here?

Joel,
City of Sydney this year was at Windsor. I believe that having the event there was damaging to numbers, no one wanted to go to some random centre to bowl an event. Strikezone holds/has held a lot of events because it was made to hold them.

As Adam said...Vote 1 - Strikezone

Jen

Jen,

~Mrs Storm~ said:
Joel,
City of Sydney this year was at Windsor. I believe that having the event there was damaging to numbers, no one wanted to go to some random centre to bowl an event.
Jen

The whole point of bowling in different locations is for bowlers to get experience and also to promote the game in areas where competition bowling isnt heard of..

Also that no one wanted to go to windsor because its a random centre. Wats so different about windsor compared to another alley?? all alleys have lanes and chairs and bowlingballs, the main difference in a centre is the oil laid down... So really ur saying everyone wanted to bowl at an easier bowl.. personally i like a challenge and would like the roll off to show the best NSW has to offer!

think about the bowlers up north (newcastle), west (orange) and south (wollongong) and you will see that windsor bowl is centrally located between tham all.

So really we should be bowling windsor cause its a neutral centre, 'like it was stated early on in the topic', and its centrally located for all parties invoved.

Windsor should be th centre of choice, enough said.

mad_tookey said:
Also that no one wanted to go to windsor because its a random centre. Wats so different about windsor compared to another alley?? all alleys have lanes and chairs and bowlingballs, the main difference in a centre is the oil laid down... So really ur saying everyone wanted to bowl at an easier bowl.. personally i like a challenge and would like the roll off to show the best NSW has to offer!

I have personally never been to Windsor, so I cant tell you what could be so different about it in comparison to any other centre, but obviously there was something about it preventing the usual crowd to bowl City of Sydney this year. No, I am not saying everyone wanted to bowl at an easier centre...I really believe that location affected numbers for the event because when it was in the Bankstown area numbers were a lot higher...move it to a remote location and what happened? Down in numbers...

I still stand by my first choice - Strikezone

Randwick. It is my center but I still suck lol. Also there are not that many league bowlers there so it would be very neutral.

jhk67 said:
Randwick. It is my center but I still suck lol. Also there are not that many league bowlers there so it would be very neutral.

there is no way that randwick can hold nsw rolloffs. not a chance in hell. not until we get the renovations that are needed. u dont want to have the final game going head to head and strike for strike and then either have to wait 10min for a machine to be fixed or be moved to another lane. plus justin i cant bowl and run the centre at the same time. with the exception of jenny and myself it just couldnt be run or done.

Centres have to want to hold tournaments and roll offs. Responses to tenders are the choices.
The City of Sydney Graded Championships had more entries this year than 2005 and 2004, just some divisions were not as strongly contested. Windsor Bowl was a very good venue and they were supportive of the junior bowlers and committee, willing to promote the sport of tenpin.

I think windsor would be a better choice - not for travel reasons but because it is a center that would have far fewer, if any, roll off entrants that use it as a home center. Yes the condition gets changed, yes it will make a difference, and yes people may need to travel and not like it and blah blah blah - the point is, its a center that cant be veiwed upon with less bias than others.

And on a seperate note, next time i dont think opinions should be asked for in these kind of circumstances - in such an open forum. It can create unecessary arguements and get personal. Center choice isnt offered for participants to get involved with in other tournaments or roll offs and i certainly dont feel it should have been done in this case either.

Back
Top Bottom