2007 Neville Vagg Warrnambool Cup

bworld

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the online booking feature is now available.

Bowlers from last years tournament have been placed into their respective squads, so confirmation needs to be made through the website listed below, or directly to me.

Online booking is available in the Items of Interest section at
http://www.bowlersworld.com.au

Contact me [email protected]

Phone me at work on (03)9555-3555

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

The Warrnambool Cup has a full field plus a few reserves, however bowlers that are listed in their respective squads need to contact me by email to confirm their entry as soon as possible, otherwise they will be replaced with the next available reserve if no contact can be made.

I have sent out emails and a newsletter to all the ones I have email addresses for, so if you know the bowlers listed contact them and make sure they get in.

My email address is listed in the first post.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

Just confirming I won't be there this year to defend my title. Please pass on my regards to Neville Vagg, a generous sponsor and a gentleman who is passionate about the sport.

Thank you

George

A shame to hear that you wont be coming george. I was looking forward to bowling against you for the first time.
Hope fully next year!

What - no George????? I can't believe it....

Too bad you are not coming down it would have been great to see you defend your title.

Really looking forward to competing again in this fantastic tournament which is one of the most friendly and well run I have had the pleasure to bowl in.

Jane.

Neville Vagg Warrnambool Cup is on this weekend.

Once again it has been extremely well supported with a full field of 72 bowlers competing.

I'm looking forward to bowling in it for the first time.

Gary,

Mate you will enjoy yourself so much. It has to be one of the best singles events going around. Everyone is there for a good time, and it shows..... The bowling always feels like is comes second at this event.

Hope the 72 already in all turn up, bit of a downer when it drops from 72 to 60 in the last week(not that 60 is a bad turnout)

From what i hear the 72 are confirmed and there are also half a dozen more locals looking for a game if anyone does drop out. Whilst some may still drop out i don't think it will be as bad as last year

Sensational effort by Jason Way to win by almost 200 pins from Tonx with Mac Stewart 3rd.

Mac lead after qualifying by 54 pins but Jason got the lead after bowling 1275 for games 2-6 (254 average). Mac regained the lead after game 8 but Jason finished with 1683 for the last 7 games (993 for the last 4) to win with a fast finishing Tonx second (Tonx averaged 246 for the last 10 games).

Excellent Matchplay averages - Jason 238, Tonx 233, Dillan DeMather 221, Adrian Shelton 220, Mac and Joel Lovegrove 219.

Also congrats to the "Guru" Merv Billing who wasn't quite at his brilliant best but still managed to average 212 and finish 9th.

On a personal note - it was suggested to me by an aging grey haired man from Narre Warren? Mooroolbark? Mentone? that i should give the game away after I finished behind a guy who bowled a 124 game - and even worse than that Steve Toth beat me by 4 pins :(

From what i hear the 72 are confirmed and there are also half a dozen more locals looking for a game if anyone does drop out. Whilst some may still drop out i don't think it will be as bad as last year
Wrong again -- ended up with 63...

I don't think anyone was ever going to catch Jason once he found his groove. He matched up perfectly, and was just a machine with nothing but quality shots. A very well deserved win and an unbelievable effort. Don't let the few high scores fool everyone, it wasn't a shot you could relax on for any period of time and it was a true test of mental strength, probably why I have a headache this morning ;)

Huge thanks to Pat, Eddie and the crew on a well ran tournament, not to mention Nev's 25th year of continuous sponsorship, what a legend...

Gary, just remind that ageing fella who made the Emerson Shield final and who didn't ;)

Congrats to Jason on a very impressive win and Tonx and Mac on 2nd and 3rd. Was a great tournament, conditions where fair and didn't favour any one, the best bowler won.

I would like to thank everyone involved for a enjoyable tournament. Patrick the TD, Ian for the scores and Eddie and everyone else who helped out. But most importantly Neville for his continued sponsorship. This is the 3rd time i've bowled, and the first in a few years and would have to be my favourite tournament to bowl in.

Will be back next year.
Cheers

Dillan

Love this tournament.

Well done to all involved in the preparation, running and all aspects of this great tournament. A VERY BIG THANK YOU to Mr Neville Vagg who again displayed his love for our great game by sponsoring the tournament for the "umpteenth" time and has been doing so both previously at Colac and now at Warrnambool. Thanks Neville and whilst I will say that there are many who contribute heaps to the "game", I believe you who deserve some form of recognition, such as a Life Membership through one of the Tenpin Affiliations.

See you next year.

Wayne Burton

Back
Top Bottom